Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian is a trip!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian is a trip!

I don't think the solution is to get rid of either alerts or score change updates.  People like getting alerts as it let's them know something changed on their CR.  People like getting score changes because they like to know where their score stands.  The problem is when a correlation is naturally attempted to be made by the consumer when both of these things are provided simultaneously, since they're presented as if they are indeed related.  This just goes back to the need for a disclaimer to eliminate the perceived relation thought process.  The solution is a disclaimer to clear things up, not to take away a piece of what MF provides and the customer is already paying for in alerts and score updates.

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s not getting rid of it, it’s an option for people like myself who wouldn’t find a disclaimer to be enough to remove the annoyance of alerts that don’t explain anything. 

I have used the product. I canceled it and just do Experian trials every so often because while that doesn’t update in real time (except for Experian reports), it doesn’t give hugely misleading alerts either. The MF product is way too expensive for what it offers and I found myself very irritated when I got alerts that had literally nothing to do with what it showed on the screen. A disclaimer would not go far enough for me. 

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

There difference though is that you're more educated than the average guy who experiences this issue.  You are fully aware that alerts and provided score changes often have nothing to do with one another.  While you find/found that to be annoying, you were able to rationally decipher the lack of correlation simply from being educated on the subject.  90% of those that experience this IMO are not educated and are simply mislead as a result, where the disclaimer would put an end to at least a chunk of the issue.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.