Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian score from different sources

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian score from different sources

I see my Experian credit score in Experian account as 743. This is in line what my credit card shows to me

I was curious about my Equifax score so I paid for 3 credit report from Equifax. And they show my Experian score at 683

How this ever possible?

Please and thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian score from different sources

@Anonymous wrote:

How this ever possible?

Only 3 factors go into the production of a credit score.  The bureau data used, the scoring model used and the moment in time these first 2 factors were used.

Experian (the bureau data) remains the constant here, meaning that the only 2 other factors are the scoring model and time at which the scores were generated.  Usually a time difference that isn't significant (say) like a couple weeks isn't going to result in large 50-60 point score swings unless you had a major change to your credit report, so my guess would be the scoring model here.

On the page(s) where you see those 2 different EX scores posted, somewhere you should see in fine print the scoring model used.  It may say something like "FICO Score 8 based on Experian data" for example.  My guess is that the fine print that you'll see will reference two different scoring models here.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

So if I get this correctly the Equifax credit agency does not really know my real Experian credit score (only Experian does obviously). So I can ignore that information. Right?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to read the fine print carefully and understand exactly what you're paying for.  Equifax uses its own model called "Equifax Credit Score" to compute the scores used on their site.  This is entirely different from the FICO  8 score that is commonly used.

"Equifax® 3-Bureau credit scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model. Third parties use many different types of credit scores and will not use the Equifax 3-Bureau credit scores to assess your creditworthiness."

See the following link for a more detailed explanation:  https://help.equifax.com/s/article/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Equifax-Credit-Score-and-the-F...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you

So if I get this correctly the Equifax credit agency does not really know my real Experian credit score (only Experian does obviously). So I can ignore that information. Right?

Yes, and no. You can get your Experian FICO scores from places other than directly from Experian. For example this site. MyFico.

But you are correct you can not get it from Equifax. Currently Equifax does not offer FICO scores from the other credit bureaus. The funny thing is that product you purchased from Equifax also does NOT give you an Equifax FICO. It is also an Equifax score model (essentially another Fako). The only way to get and Equifax FICO score directly from Equifax is to purchase the “ScoreWatch” product. All there other products even for their own data are not FICO. Insane imho.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also purchase your Equifax FICO 8 score from Experian in addition to MyFICO.  Experian's CreditWorks and IdentityWorks products provide the FICO 8 scores from all three credit bureaus (plus mortgage, auto loan, and credit card scores from Experian).

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

do you know anyting about Costco's Complete ID product?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.