Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian score

I bought transunion on myfico, my scores are similar and rising with both TU and Equifax, however, I purchased my score at Experian and it is 50 ponts lower than the others and 50 points lower than reported  a month ago when the bank pulled my credit.I have had no negative changes, and in fact had a couple items deleted from my report. I thought I was ok to apply for a mortgage based on the 2 scores myfico provides, does anyone know if the score you buy from Experian is accurate and the score that lenders use?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian score

The score you purchased from Experian is not used by lenders for a mortgage. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@JM-AM wrote:

The score you purchased from Experian is not used by lenders for a mortgage. 

+1.   Consumers cannot purchase Experian FICO scores, they can only be obtained from a creditor / lender.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you, it sure would help if that could be obtained prior to having a hard credit check pulled. The scores here are used by lenders though?

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay thank you, it sure would help if that could be obtained prior to having a hard credit check pulled. The scores here are used by lenders though?

I agree it would be great if we could pull our Experian FICO score, but EX won't allow it.

The EQ score sold here at MyFICO is the same FICO 04 used by most mortgage lenders.

The TU score sold here at MyFICO is the FICO 98 version, which is an older model than FICO 04, and it isn't used by most mortgage lenders.   For some people their TU 98 and TU 04 FICO scores are similar ~ others have reported significant differences.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The EQ FICO here is the exact one used for virtually all mortgages.

The TU FICO is one version earlier, TU FICO 98. Mortgage app is TU FICO 04, which is not available directly to consumers.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.