Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Mortgage Score Simulation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Mortgage Score Simulation

Also, BBS - in your approach w NS, did you work the verbal / phone call angle first, before the letters, or go straight to the letters?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It very well could help.  My Nationstar account became "Mr. Cooper" about a year ago or so.  Did yours as well?  The good news as I stated above is that I was able to get GW adjustments very easily from Nationstar, so perhaps you'll be able to as well.  It may be difficult to get the first set of adjustments done, but each next set should be a little easier as the account will look cleaner to the eyes of the person considering the adjustment.  I would start with the most recent negative information first, that is, your stuff from around a year ago.  Hit them with GW for those items, citing the job loss issue that's been overcome, so you won't have any further payment problems.  If you can get them to GW the recent lates from 1 year ago, the other stuff dating back longer will be easier.  The good news though is that 30-day lates from > 2 years ago likely aren't impacting your scores much at this point.  It would still be in your best interest to get them removed, though, as upon a MR they can still be seen.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, correct - I am Mr. Cooper now also.

Well, I'm definitely going to give it a try; citing a change in my approach toward management of the account from 11/2015 to now, versus prior to 11/2015. Outside of the lates last year w the job loss, we've been clean since 11/2015.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousAlso, BBS - in your approach w NS, did you work the verbal / phone call angle first, before the letters, or go straight to the letters?

I only used letters, no calls.  The only call I ever made to them was due to their autopay screwing up once and the way they applied one of my payments which actually resulted in one of my late payments with them, but that's sort of unrelated.  Since you already know you're dealing with a lender that is quite open to doing GW adjustments, no need to call unless you feel like doing so.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

trying to figure out what effect might happen if I do the following

refinance my mortgage for a total of 306K

pay off exising mortgage that started in 1999 and has a 160k balance

pay off existing second mortgge that has a current balance of 20k

pay off my auto loan that has a balance of 34K

current V8 cores are from 757 to 805.

just worry that I will be deleting the old (1999) mortgage history even though total monthly expenses go down significantly from 3500 to 2100.

thanks for any advice

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.