Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Glitch??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score Glitch??

So this happend today... I applied for a capital one credit card and after I finished the application my scores from all 3 credit company's updated..

I had a discover card for about 5 months now and been really good at paying back and using less then 30% what happens was all scores updated. From 717 to 721 score.... before I applied for the new credit card it said I had no history but now..?

Experian 717
Equifax 719
Transunion 721
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Glitch??

I'm not understanding what the "glitch" is here or what question you're really asking?

It sounds like you use a CMS (perhaps MF here?) and you received updated scores following your alerts from the inquiries.  When you receive alerts, you receive new scores.  Since CO pulls all 3B, you'd receive an inquiry on all 3B and thus a new score from all 3B data.  Your score change(s) may be impacted by many other factors aside from just the inquiry.  Many other things such as your revolving account balances may have changed since the last update on your score(s).  My impression here is that you believe that the score changes you're seeing are directly related to the alerts you received, but it's important to understand that often alerts and score changes are not related.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I mean was before I applied for the credit card application I had no score what so ever. But after the hard inquirie was made I had a score generated from all 3B. My question doesn't make sense cause I'm actually lost myself as to what happend.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes I use Experian.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousWhat I mean was before I applied for the credit card application I had no score what so ever. But after the hard inquirie was made I had a score generated from all 3B. My question doesn't make sense cause I'm actually lost myself as to what happend.

If you had your Discover account for about 5 months and this is your first credit account, that's the reason you hadn't yet received a FICO score, as it takes 6 months of credit information to have one generated.  I'm thinking that you finally reached that 6 months of time, perhaps on July 1.  Months go by the calendar changing, so if you opened your Discover card any time in January (does matter if it was the 1st or 31st) on February 1 it was "1 month" old, etc.. so on July 1 it would be considered 6 months old.  Did you open your Discover card in January?

The alerts you received for the inquiries like I said in my initial reply simply pull your report and produce a new score if one is available.  It sounds to me that you timed this right, because your pulls came just after your first scores were available to you.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my account was open in January but I had no activity till Feburary 2018.. I think that what happend...
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account opened date and first time you had activity really aren't connected.  Even if you opened an account and didn't use it for several months or even 6 months, the date of the account opening would still be what it is and the age of that account would be according to when it was opened.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense thanks for the help.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.