cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score vs. Bankcard FICO Score(PFICO)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score vs. Bankcard FICO Score(PFICO)

I was hoping....praying, that the PFICO scores from TU provided to me on my WaMu account, at least CLOSELY approximated the FICO scores I get from myFiCO.

But noooooooooo! Was I ever wrong!

I pulled all CR's (and scores) from myFiCO on 11/01/07. Yesterday I get an alert from WaMu that my scores changed +/- 20 points. I was beginning to get excited.

TU score 11/01/07(myFiCO): 648
TU score,11/01/07( WaMu) : 615

Same date. Just when I THOUGHT, I was getting a basic understanding of how scoring works, I find I'm almost back where I started(untrusting and little confidence in ALL the scoring models). *sigh*

Both scores from TU...both scores dated the same. I just don't get it. I can accept a 15 or gosh, even a 20 point difference, as I can see that FICO and PFICO are as similar to each other as FICO and FAKO scores. 33 point difference. *shakes her head*

Back to square one. Sorry, I had to vent. And NO, I DON'T feel better. Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score vs. Bankcard FICO Score(PFICO)

The WAMU PFICO is a month behind IMO

@Anonymous wrote:
I was hoping....praying, that the PFICO scores from TU provided to me on my WaMu account, at least CLOSELY approximated the FICO scores I get from myFiCO.

But noooooooooo! Was I ever wrong!

I pulled all CR's (and scores) from myFiCO on 11/01/07. Yesterday I get an alert from WaMu that my scores changed +/- 20 points. I was beginning to get excited.

TU score 11/01/07(myFiCO): 648
TU score,11/01/07( WaMu) : 615

Same date. Just when I THOUGHT, I was getting a basic understanding of how scoring works, I find I'm almost back where I started(untrusting and little confidence in ALL the scoring models). *sigh*

Both scores from TU...both scores dated the same. I just don't get it. I can accept a 15 or gosh, even a 20 point difference, as I can see that FICO and PFICO are as similar to each other as FICO and FAKO scores. 33 point difference. *shakes her head*

Back to square one. Sorry, I had to vent. And NO, I DON'T feel better. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You did recently apply for some credit right?

The PFICO dings this pretty bad- but quickly recovers.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy,but it stated: Bankcard scores from TransUnion: 11/01/07.

And yes I did apply for 2 cards, last week. 3 in early October.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 11-18-2007 09:25 AM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That date is generic-
They do the softs around the 23 - 25 of the month and report the previous months PFICO - I base this on my experience- and the numbers they are reporting.

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Timothy,but it stated: Bankcard scores from TransUnion: 11/01/07.

And yes I did apply for 2 cards, last week. 3 in early October.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 11-18-2007 09:25 AM

Message 5 of 6
dizzier
Established Contributor

yeh i'd buy that the PFICO is a month behind.

My PFICO is way off my actual TU FICO, but a month ago I still had the baddies on my report and a screw up on TU's part added a baddies that never existed before. my current PFICO is lower than my PFICO was the month before.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.