Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score

First of all, I have a bad FICO score to begin with.  I am in the middle of a 5 yr Chapter 13 bankruptcy (33 months in).  What I would like to know, is how in the world can my score go down 3 points today, from the score of three months ago? (My financial instution provides me with a score each quarter of the year).  Nothing has changed on my credit files at all, I mean nothing.  I have no active accounts.  All bad accounts are closed, and included in chap. 13.  I do have some "good" closed accounts.  The only entry that is live is the chap. 13, and I would suspect that as each month goes by, the original filing date gets older, that just naturally, my score would increase a few points every three months or so, more or less.  It can apparently go down, so why wouldn't it go up as my bad credit account (chap. 13) gets older?  And what would be the reasoning for the score to drop, with no changes in my credit files? Am I missing something about the way the score is calculated?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score

Welcome to the board. Something definately changed for you to lose a few points.  Without knowing the intimate details about your credit profile other than the summary you provided, it will be hard to tell you exactly what happen to cause you to lose a few points unfortunately.

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums. I agree something changed, even if it was slightly enough not to really pick up on.

I wouldn't worry too much about fluctuations of a few points up or down. Sometimes it is almost natural for that to happen. You start talking 5 or 10 here and there, that's different.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Welcome to the forums. I agree something changed, even if it was slightly enough not to really pick up on.

I wouldn't worry too much about fluctuations of a few points up or down. Sometimes it is almost natural for that to happen. You start talking 5 or 10 here and there, that's different.

Agreed.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.