cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scores and Utilization - Where are the cutoff points and how much do they matter?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO Scores and Utilization - Where are the cutoff points and how much do they matter?

@Anonymous wrote:
An additional question: Say you have 10 cards each with 10k limits. If you stay at 0% on 5 cards but go to 80% on 5, does that hurt your score more or less than going to 40% on all 10 cards? 40% util overall, but differently distributed, and in a way that affects the profitability of the BT game. (Not all cards are created equal, etc.)

All things being equal you are better off spreading it around. Who knows how many points though.
Message 21 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO Scores and Utilization - Where are the cutoff points and how much do they matter?

MidnightVoice wrote:
You are correct - EX lists monthly balances for the last two years and credit limits and credit limit changes.  From that is is possible to calculate historical utilization patterns.

MY CSC/EQ does not seem as informative

Which Fako site shows this info? I can't find it! I use TC and CreditSecure.
Message 22 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@fused111 wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:
You are correct - EX lists monthly balances for the last two years and credit limits and credit limit changes.  From that is is possible to calculate historical utilization patterns.

It is from a REAL EX CR
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@fused111 wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

It is from a REAL EX CR

Where do I find this info?
Message 24 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

From a Credit Report from Experian. Dispute something via TC and get a free one Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 25 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

I must be incredibly stupid! I have never seen what you are describing here.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.