Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO fluctuation after Amex approval

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

FICO fluctuation after Amex approval

I was approved for the AMEX SPG card recently and my Experian Fico went from 721 down to 711 -10pts for an new inquiry on my report. Then a few days later I get a FICO alert for EX saying a -26pt drop down to 685 which said "Balance on 1 of your accts has decreased by $411"  I was so confused. But I figured it was in part to the AMEX approval/inq. 

But just today I received some alerts saying my EQ score went UP +16pts from 661 to 677 and reason being "balance decreased on an account by $411" lol  And also the last three days today TU went from 716 to 717 to 719 then today to 720 "Balance on all bank card accounts has change by $411"

3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO fluctuation after Amex approval

Balances changing are just triggers; other changes could've been rolled up into them.

Frankly when anything like this arises for me (unusual given how flatlined my scores are and how obscenely intimately I'm familiar with my reports) I go to the bureaus to figure out what's specifically there... and I use historical reports from CK in either EQ or TU's case to diagnose what changed between now and current personally.

Has the Amex card even reported yet?   If it's not on there, it's not a factor, if it is, you might've taken a hit on AAOA.

        
Message 2 of 4
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Balances changing are just triggers; other changes could've been rolled up into them.

Frankly when anything like this arises for me (unusual given how flatlined my scores are and how obscenely intimately I'm familiar with my reports) I go to the bureaus to figure out what's specifically there... and I use historical reports from CK in either EQ or TU's case to diagnose what changed between now and current personally.

Has the Amex card even reported yet?   If it's not on there, it's not a factor, if it is, you might've taken a hit on AAOA.

No the new Amex hasn't reported yet.  so I would take a hit on AAOA when it hits right? 

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

No the new Amex hasn't reported yet.  so I would take a hit on AAOA when it hits right? 

IF you cross an AAOA threshold yes; however, if you do not, no... or at least not in my data for new tradeilnes.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.