tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO scores with 1 vs 2 cards out of 9 with balance

@Revelate wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

Well...

I screwed up...

I let a second card report a balance of 29/6000.

But guess what?

For the first time in my credit history my scores didn't change! So I have 2 of 7 cards reporting small balances and my EQ score has held steady at 705 for what it's worth.

Did you have an offsetting change in installment utilization or similar?  Wierdsauce otherwise TBH Smiley Happy.  Certainly all my data has been explicit every time I've gone up and down the scale.

No change on anything else. Just the second card reporting $29.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 51 of 52
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO scores with 1 vs 2 cards out of 9 with balance

@jamie123 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

Well...

I screwed up...

I let a second card report a balance of 29/6000.

But guess what?

For the first time in my credit history my scores didn't change! So I have 2 of 7 cards reporting small balances and my EQ score has held steady at 705 for what it's worth.

Did you have an offsetting change in installment utilization or similar?  Wierdsauce otherwise TBH Smiley Happy.  Certainly all my data has been explicit every time I've gone up and down the scale.

No change on anything else. Just the second card reporting $29.

I can't really help with the small numbers of cards data; didn't really start playing with this until after my 1/13 spree which by that time I was already at 8 cards.  Don't think I saw a drop there for 2 cards reporting a balance but didn't have anything as comprehensive as the 3B pull.  Might be able to pull something out of the old SW data.

That's absolutely interesting though; would not have expected that to vary at all short of an unclean datapoint based on other's data.  May be back to drawing board necessitating more data hehe.

        
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.