Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO simulator

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

FICO simulator

How accurate do you think the simulator in FICO is in  predecting credit score movement?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO simulator

Accurate twice a day but so is a stopped clock.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not. I am where it said I would be in 13 month plus. It has been 1. I'll take it. :-D
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babblesHow accurate do you think the simulator in FICO is in  predecting credit score movement?

It's all profile-dependent.  There have been people that have referenced simulators being accurate to within 5-10 points, where others have cited them being 100+ points off.

My stance is that they're garbage and should be ignored, even if they appear to get it "right" at times.

Message 4 of 7
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@babbles wrote:

How accurate do you think the simulator in FICO is in  predecting credit score movement?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of ouija boards and tarot cards.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 5 of 7
Miner
Frequent Contributor

They are accurate in a general way.  If you generally do this, you'll generally see something like that.  But everyone's profile is unique and I haven't seen a simulator that actually references my data points.  The one here when I bought my reports obviously wasn't referencing any of the data in those reports and missed some very obvious score changes or had the changes completely in the wrong direction.  Had it been actually looking at the data in my reports (which were just pulled), it would have know this.  Especially since what actually happened with my scores is what was expected given the general knowledge on these forums of what little is know about the fico scoring models.

Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most simulators that I've seen (I have not used one in probably 2 years) only ask a handful of questions, say, 10 to come up with their simulation.  10 isn't enough when there are many many more variables that go into a score and then an infinite amount of them when considered relative to one another. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.