Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs Plus Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO vs Plus Score

Hello! Yesterday I pulled my credit score from Experian using their system. I was given a score of 683. I tried to get a credit increase on my oldest account, and was declined and told I had a score of 608. Because of the difference, I had them pull a new report, which showed a 618. I'm a bit confused on the huge difference, especially since I paid Experian 50$ to pull back my reports. Can someone fill me in on the huge difference? It seems the FICO score here is the closest to being what lenders receive; can I dispute this? Any advice is welcome. Thanks, --William
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO vs Plus Score

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello! Yesterday I pulled my credit score from Experian using their system. I was given a score of 683. I tried to get a credit increase on my oldest account, and was declined and told I had a score of 608. Because of the difference, I had them pull a new report, which showed a 618. I'm a bit confused on the huge difference, especially since I paid Experian 50$ to pull back my reports. Can someone fill me in on the huge difference? It seems the FICO score here is the closest to being what lenders receive; can I dispute this? Any advice is welcome. Thanks, --William

The Experian Plus score that I received late March was 34 points higher than my Experian FICO that I pulled two days ago. However my Experian FICO is 25 points higher than my EX FAKO score. Make sense? Nothing has changed.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not shure, what score lenders will pull, but indeed my EX Plus score is the lowest of all.

Highest one is TU, but via Treu Credit(FAKO)

When pulled from MF, numbers are not so different, all 3 and much closer together, but still EX as the lowest and Tu as the highest.

My wife has a same situation, maybe even more extreme.

Her EX on MF is like 30 points lower than other two.
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Lenders pull FICOs. Ignore any other scores (aka FAKOs).
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah ignore Fako's.  My EX fico score is 649 while my Ex plus score is 713 !
Message 5 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

So true, so true.  If your Equifax Ficos are okay -- everything else is, too -- or so has been my experience.  Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right and I was not clear.
What I meant is I do not know wich of the 3 will they pull, but shure they will be FICO.
Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.