Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Difference

tag
agaona0308
New Visitor

Fico Difference

Hi All! I am new here and trying to rebuild my credit. My husband was diagnosed with Cancer 6 years ago and it has severely affected us financially! Well we are trying to get our lives back! Anyways, I checked my credit score in March and it was a 691 EQ, Today I logged back in and it said 654 EQ. This seems a little high as I have high amounts of debt in collections from years ago. I have recently bought furniture from one of those "no credit check" places and I am a secondary on my husband’s credit card, but to be honest - I didn’t think those counted? Can anyone tell me what bureau is usually higher/lower. Also, I want to rebuild my credit, any suggestions on who would approve me? Thanks so much!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico Difference

@agaona0308 wrote:

Hi All! I am new here and trying to rebuild my credit. My husband was diagnosed with Cancer 6 years ago and it has severely affected us financially! Well we are trying to get our lives back! Anyways, I checked my credit score in March and it was a 691 EQ, Today I logged back in and it said 654 EQ. This seems a little high as I have high amounts of debt in collections from years ago. I have recently bought furniture from one of those "no credit check" places and I am a secondary on my husband’s credit card, but to be honest - I didn’t think those counted? Can anyone tell me what bureau is usually higher/lower. Also, I want to rebuild my credit, any suggestions on who would approve me? Thanks so much!!

Welcome!

Furniture accounts count (per FICO I'm assuming) provided they are reporting, and how they report.

Your FICO scores can easily vary across all 3, depending on what is reporting and how they reporti it.

For credit rebuilding check out and post within Rebuilding Your Credit if you have any baddies. For specific CC recommendations check out Credit Cards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.