cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score 100 points different than a couple of weeks ago?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico score 100 points different than a couple of weeks ago?

2 weeks ago DH and I checked our scores. His was 593 per Transunion website. We used the free trial through MyFico and the score is 497. Is this normal?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cec2417
Established Member

Re: Fico score 100 points different than a couple of weeks ago?

Transunion's scores are FAKO scores.  The scores on myfico are the true FICO scores. 
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh. That is so depressing. I thought the first score was bad.
Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

loulou wrote:
2 weeks ago DH and I checked our scores. His was 593 per Transunion website. We used the free trial through MyFico and the score is 497. Is this normal?

This is a big spread but it can happen when you compare FAKO with FICO. Did you do a side by side look at both reports to make sure everything reporting is exactly the same and there are no changes?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We tried buy it wouldnt let us. We got on the Transunion website but it won't bring up the page with his report or score, rather it talks about buying all of these products. And I know that the 30-days are not over, we ordered them on 10/3, I ordered mine from Equifax at the same time and just logged in and everything is there like it was. So I am seriously feeling ripped off by Transunion.
Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

loulou wrote:
We tried buy it wouldnt let us. We got on the Transunion website but it won't bring up the page with his report or score, rather it talks about buying all of these products. And I know that the 30-days are not over, we ordered them on 10/3, I ordered mine from Equifax at the same time and just logged in and everything is there like it was. So I am seriously feeling ripped off by Transunion.

Are you interested in credit recovery? I suspect a whole heck of a lot is going on with a FICO score of 497.
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Which TransUnion 30-day trial are you on? Was it TrueCredit (the one that gives reports and FAKO's for all 3 agencies)?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a free credit report and score (Which we paid $8 for). The report was supposed to stay online for 30 days. As for credit recovery-do you mean one of those companies? If so, arent those scams? If you mean recovering it in general, that is what we want to do and that is why we joined these boards.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, the score was just Transunions score.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.