cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico8 goes up, Fico9 goes down alot ?? How?? UPDATE MORE INFO

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Fico8 goes up, Fico9 goes down alot ?? How??

The remaining balance on your mortgage or non-mortgage installment loans is too high.

Account opening anniversay is 6/08/2019. Wish there was another way to check these other scoring models next week without spending another $48

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

The remaining balance on your mortgage or non-mortgage installment loans is too high.

Account opening anniversay is 6/08/2019. Wish there was another way to check these other scoring models next week without spending another $48

Yeah; is the mortgage your only installment loan and can you state what the current and original loan balances are?

        
Message 12 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Yeah; is the mortgage your only installment loan and can you state what the current and original loan balances are?

I have a closed "other loan"  Its from Mobiloans, a mississippi based indian tribe

Mortgage is $83k / $105k

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

I have a closed "other loan"  Its from Mobiloans, a mississippi based indian tribe

Mortgage is $83k / $105k

Thanks, closed loans don't matter except for credit mix, that reason code on your file conclusively proves mortgages matter and probably with identical ratios though that still has to be borne out.

        
Message 14 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Experian doesn't even report exact date opening so I suspect it's first of the month on FICO 9 too, and unfortunate you're right that damned score cutoff at 800: I *hate* that product decision as I know reason codes still come from the bureaus for those score ranges.

Got these reason codes from my Wells Fargo account.  Its dated 5/1/2019

and its EX Fico9 823.  Today its 807

• Length of time revolving accounts have been established
  • Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
  • Length of time accounts have been established
  • Time since most recent account opening is too short

Message 15 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ideally you need before and after reason codes when you see an unexpected drop; when we're talking scorecard changes, that is usually accompanied by a reason code change.

        
Message 16 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

How about this as a possibility ,,,,,,

Fico9 scoring models view recently opened accounts as positive behavior and views abstinence in a negtive light.

What would that do to the garden thread LOL LOL LOL

Message 17 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Laugh Mind Blown!

Actually I have seen big losses in FICO 9 with new accounts / inquiries previously but I never had consistent enough access to tease out what happened; just know I went from 790ish to 740ish somewhat unexpectedly a while back and didn’t have much besides an inquiry going on.

Which might lead to some awkward one year experiences too, we just don’t know F9 that well is unfortunate Experian doesn’t give that one enough people figuring out F2 funsies from it that we could have done more with that score too.

        
Message 18 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Wells Fargo just posted my 6/1/2019 EX FICO9 score and a new negative scoreing reason just appeared

Too many inquiries last 12 months

WTH !!!  I have only 1 HP inquiry on EQ and 1 on EX and they officcially stopped scoring today.  Nothing else !  No way SP inqs are now scoring ??????

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Wells Fargo just posted my 6/1/2019 EQ FICO9 score and a new negative scoreing reason just appeared

Too many inquiries last 12 months

WTH !!!  I have only 1 HP inquiry on EQ and it officcially stopped scoring today.  Nothing else !  No way SP inqs are now scoring ??????

New dradis contact...they're launching inquiries!

(Love your sig line. I miss that show.)

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.