cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time All Revolving Accounts Report Zero Balance -- 17 Point Score Drop on EX

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

First Time All Revolving Accounts Report Zero Balance -- 17 Point Score Drop on EX

I have always had somewhere between $1 to $5 report on just one card each month.   I screwed up this month and for this moment in time all revolvers are reporting at zero and my score dropped from 698 to 681.    I have another account that will report a $1 balance in a week so I don't really care but it's interesting to see the FICO penalty for no revolving balances reporting.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time All Revolving Accounts Report Zero Balance -- 17 Point Score Drop on EX

Yup, 17 points lands right in the typical 15-20 point range that most see.  It's always good to know on your specific profile how certain events impact it, so even though you may have messed up here in maintaining AZEO (if that was your goal) you got a nice datapoint out of it.  And, like you said, it's very quick/easy to get those points back with another reporting, which sounds like it will happen for you quickly anyway.

I'm in the process of doing the exact opposite, working from AZEO to all (8) cards with reported balances.  I'm just doing it for S&Gs and because I'm bored with my profile lately.  I just want to know how much of a score penalty I'll see with 100% of revolvers with a balance verses AZEO.  My guess is around 15 points penalty-wise, which incidentally would be just about the same amount of penalty that you saw in going from AZEO to AZ.

Message 2 of 4
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: First Time All Revolving Accounts Report Zero Balance -- 17 Point Score Drop on EX

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the process of doing the exact opposite, working from AZEO to all (8) cards with reported balances.  I'm just doing it for S&Gs and because I'm bored with my profile lately.  I just want to know how much of a score penalty I'll see with 100% of revolvers with a balance verses AZEO.  My guess is around 15 points penalty-wise, which incidentally would be just about the same amount of penalty that you saw in going from AZEO to AZ.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what your results are!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me yesterday, when I paid off a $10 balance to 0, my score dropped 16 pts. Luckily, I received great advice here from BBS. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.