cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an alert from Experian… First score over 650!

tag
laurenjessica
Frequent Contributor

Got an alert from Experian… First score over 650!

I'm about 9 months into this rebuild. Credit is definitely a long haul game, and it can be easy to get discouraged. But this recent update got me excited. EX FICO 8 is up to 651!

Stepping back and looking at my whole situation as a whole, I have a lot to be proud of here. All 3 bureaus are up over 100 points since last August. This is without doing any major work of trying to get things removed (all reporting of my baddies is, unfortunately, accurate). But I did get all of my delinqencies paid off and my total utilization is now kept under 10%. I've also picked up some cards that I've been wanting, albeit at low limits, but I know that they will grow. 

I know how difficult this journey can be, so I hope this can serve as a reminder that no matter how bad the starting point is, the results will come! Although maybe not as quickly as you always want Smiley Wink

Credit cards:
NUS000000091-480x304-STRAIGHT-96unnamedmissionlanemobileIRIDESCENTpaypal-cashback-credit-card-16373091c11536849downloadvenmoTJX-Rewards-Platinum-Mastercardcardart-prim-645x406
AU Cards:
disney-premier-cardNUS000000327-480x304-STRAIGHT-96NUS000000269-480x304-STRAIGHT-96
Store Cards:
Credit-Card-Large61d9c1a7-5683-4228-8bb4-c2747006069dAPSC-SECUREDCARD-CB658179059Kohls-CC-no-egt-SM-RGBpinkimg093647Paypal-Credit-Logo-Ameri-Commerceimg056321sc-plus-black-Creditcard
Auto loan:
toyota

Actively rebuilding since August 2022.

Starting FICO 8 scores (8/24/2022):

Current FICO 8 scores (2/12/2024):
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Got an alert from Experian… First score over 650!

Nice work !   Congrats on your progress !  

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@laurenjessica wrote:

I'm about 9 months into this rebuild. Credit is definitely a long haul game, and it can be easy to get discouraged. But this recent update got me excited. EX FICO 8 is up to 651!

Stepping back and looking at my whole situation as a whole, I have a lot to be proud of here. All 3 bureaus are up over 100 points since last August. This is without doing any major work of trying to get things removed (all reporting of my baddies is, unfortunately, accurate). But I did get all of my delinqencies paid off and my total utilization is now kept under 10%. I've also picked up some cards that I've been wanting, albeit at low limits, but I know that they will grow. 

I know how difficult this journey can be, so I hope this can serve as a reminder that no matter how bad the starting point is, the results will come! Although maybe not as quickly as you always want Smiley Wink

Nice going. Keep up the good work.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 12
PayAndProsper
Regular Contributor

@laurenjessica There we go! Big strides in 2023! Keep up that good work! You're well on your way back from your low point. Congrats on all the progress.

Utilization Stats:

Current FICO® Score 8:

Goal FICO® Score 8:

Financial Institutions:

Message 4 of 12
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Well done,  keep up the good work, congratulations! 

Message 5 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Name on the card and CL doesnt mean much. Its building the foundation for the future goodies. Your on your way!

Message 6 of 12
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

I know the feeling because i was there not long ago,  a year ago those were my scores but since last year i was excited and applied for more than a few cards in 1 year because i felt good from each approval. Now im happy to be in the "Good" realm and looking forward to 700 club.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! 🎉

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 12
claus
Established Member

experian is usually the one with lowest score cus most hard inquiries go through there

equifax is usually the one with highest score with least inquiries from cc.

transunion is the middle ground and is preferred by landlords for rental application. I also know for a fact apple card uses transunion exclusively.

just my personal opinion and i am probably totally wrong. 

Message 9 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@claus wrote:

just my personal opinion and i am probably totally wrong. 

Lol!  You're right and wrong.....ain't that fun?!?  Hahaha, that's why we say "YMMV"....put a nice, big blanket on it. Smiley Tongue   Really though, it's always nice to read up on current dp's as that's how trends are discovered.

@laurenjessica Congrats and happy for your score improvement and being able to payoff those debts thus lowering that utl.  Hopefully time will "seem" to fly by for when your baddies drop off and you see a potential 100+ score jump!  Exciting times.....planning strategically is key from here on out.  GL on your credit journey.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.