Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Score drop 34 points over night with NO CHANGE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Score drop 34 points over night with NO CHANGE

Something changed.  Whatever it is you simply aren't seeing.  You'd have to go through your credit report account by account, line by line and compare your report before the score change to the one after.

It's crucial to understand that scores are drawn on your report data.  If the score changed, the report data changed.  It's really that simple.  The tough thing can be identifying the change.

A CLI would not have resulted in the score drop.

Message 11 of 29
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I promise you I went by ACCOUNT BY ACCOUNT nothing besides CLI has changed, as you can see the UTIL is also a non issue. Only things that have changed is ...
1 New CITI Account
1 New American Eagle VISA
1 American Eagle Store Version closed

2 new inquires.
No derogatory, No negative payments, no collection as you can see in the pictures.

It is mind boggling !

Message 12 of 29
NRB525
Super Contributor

Very odd indeed.

What reported on December 1? In the entire list of 23, which of those 15 credit cards, 6 retail cards, have balances on the last statement? What are the associated limits?

What was the specific card reported on December 1 and is there a balance on that card at all?

What is the specific timing of when all those 27 INQ resulted in cards. For the list of cards, what month were each of them first reported? There are 21 cards listed. This is to get an idea of the aging of the New Accounts, since it appears there are many in the last year. If there was a reprieve for a few months, and December 1 sees two new accounts show up, that would trigger / shorten the Age of Youngest account back to 0 months.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

When was your last account opened before the 2 CCs you referenced above?  That is, what was your AoYA before these 2 recent new accounts?

Message 14 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

When did you take the inquiries?  I'm looking at something on EX currently with my auto inquiry perhaps being in a grace period, 30 days would be the expected thing, something of a shot in the dark.

You did have a tradeline update, I'd go look at the before and after report data on that tradeline.

Also with the month everything aged and it's possible you went over some bucketing line but this seems like a stretch to me.  Did any of your other additional scores change too?

Also specifically if your additional scores changed, look at the reason codes, Experian unfortunately truncates the FICO 8 classic ones, if it was that last option decent chance things shuffled around.

        
Message 15 of 29
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Like everyone else, I don't see the negative standing out. But like others have said, something had to change or there is an error. The only other thing I can think of is to let a day or so pass and see if something doesn't change. I hope you update with anything you find.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 29
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Checked again -
Nothing negative or collections
No balance increase
CLI increases
2 new open accounts

No other changes.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointsBonus wrote:

2 new open accounts

This is most likely the reason right here.  You didn't answer the question though that I asked back in Post 14 and the answer to that is crucial to knowing if it is the cause for your score drop.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So its been said he had an account close (lowering age?), two new accounts added (two hp's), and there is a high installment loan which i'm sure is gaining interest. 

How are none of these things considered a reason for the score dropping 30 points. I have seen a loss of 6-10 points from HP's. I have also seen a loss of 20 points discussed in regards to closing an account. 

I'm no expert just wondering what i'm missing as to why no one but BBS is factoring in these things he listed.

Edit: I have also seen a score drop come much later than the activity that caused it.

Message 19 of 29
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I agree with everyone ! I didn’t know that the score drops can be delayed.

But the new accounts and HP makes sense.
Now the million dollar question ...
How long to recover ?

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.