Okay so, I have my scores from myFico:

Transunion: 594

Equifax: 593

I have the scores from Experian:

Experian: 668

Equifax: 585

Transunion: 593

I have a score from quizzle of 691

Why the different scores for th same agencies. How do you know which one is correct? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help me understand this mess!

Your scores from myFico are FICO scores. The rest of those scores are FAKO scores. Your FICO scores are more closely related to the scores lenders will see. FAKO scores are more of to give you an idea of what is going on but 99% of the time it's useless.

I remember when I first started my CC journey, my FAKO was like 689 (before I knew what a FAKO score was) then when i found out my FICO was like 601 from a lender pull I was in **bleep** mode that whole day.

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Femlion wrote:

Okay so, I have my scores from myFico:

Transunion: 594  These are real FICO scores.  The ones lenders use most.

Equifax: 593

I have the scores from Experian: Anytime you can pull all 3 scores you know they are not real FICO scores.  Experian has not sold their FICO score to the consumer since Feb 2009.  Those scores are used for educational purposes only.

Experian: 668   

Equifax: 585      

Transunion: 593

I have a score from quizzle of 691  Not a FICO score.

Why the different scores for th same agencies. How do you know which one is correct? 

You are limited to the places you can get FICO scores.  myFICO sells EQ and TU scores.  You can get the EQ score from their site but it is well hidden and hard to find.  EX you can get from lenders/creditors and from a CU in PA.  

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Here's the nitty gritty:

You're limited on the places to get your FICO score.

You can only buy your EQ FICO from myFICO, your lender, or from Equifax.com (buyer beware: the scores they push are a FAKO, but your EQ FICO can be purchased through EQ).

You can only buy your TU FICO from myFICO or your lender.

Finally, you can only buy your EX FICO from your lender. As of a few years ago, Experian blocked consumer access to your own EX FICO.

Aside from the above, you can also get your FICO scores for free or at a reduced price. Banks and CUs will offer it as a benefit. M&T Bank, Unitus Community Credit Union, and Digital Credit Union each offer an EQ FICO. You can get your TU FICO from Wal-Mart or Merrick Bank if you have CCs with them. And you can get your EX FICO from PA State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) if you have a checking account with them. There are other CUs out there that will offer a FICO if you ask them as part of a benefit for being a member.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.