Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with file symmetry

tag
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

Help with file symmetry

Hey all,

1) Is it possible to get a past trade line to show up again?

2) Is it worth getting dispute comments removed, and can that be used to get a TL to report again?

Here's what I'm on about...

fico8.jpg

24 points between EX and TU is driving me nuts, but there's more to the story.

I wasn't behind the 8 ball much for my rebuild, and only had a collection account that disputed it's way off all 3 bureaus (DCI went out of business) and a charged off account from a wells fargo secured card opened in 2013, charged off in 2014. In my eagerness to get a clean file, I requested EE from EX and they removed the entire tradeline as opposed to the late strings or derogatory info. When I saw that happen I let EQ and TU deal with it naturally and now they are reporting as satisfactory accounts on those 2 bureaus (and not payment history). Learning lots still.

Lastly, with that WF secured card account, there's dispute comments I would like removed for EQ and TU.

Well that left me with a file that isn't symmetrical and decent score differences and i'm wondering if that's from the account ages being different now.

account_missing.jpg

age.jpg

Would you guys leave this alone or is there a hidden trick that can get this account to report again by asking for dispute comments to be removed?

disputes.jpg

Everything else among the bureaus is equal. Would you guys try to clean this up a bit better yet?

Thanks all!

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

11 REPLIES 11
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with file symmetry

Once a closed account has fallen off of a report, there's no way to get it re-added.  I'm not sure if I follow what you're asking about dispute comments, but, since this account isn't on your Experian file, there's no dispute comment to ask Experian to remove.

Message 2 of 12
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

Once a closed account has fallen off of a report, there's no way to get it re-added.  I'm not sure if I follow what you're asking about dispute comments, but, since this account isn't on your Experian file, there's no dispute comment to ask Experian to remove.

I wasn't sure if it was possible to remove them through WF, in which, maybe they'd push it out again and re-update EX with the account. Just mentally spitballing here...

Financial Institutions:
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 3 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

I wasn't sure if it was possible to remove them through WF, in which, maybe they'd push it out again and re-update EX with the account. Just mentally spitballing here...

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I wouldn't count on it.   But since you want the comments removed from EQ and TU anyway, may as well make the request to WF and see what happens. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 12
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I wouldn't count on it.   But since you want the comments removed from EQ and TU anyway, may as well make the request to WF and see what happens. 

So then the question becomes if WF does remove comments and updates the account does it get re-reported with derogatory info?

And if so, how do the credit bureaus treat the info if it's 7 years + 180 days old? Immediate correction again?

Just looking at all the outcomes I guess.

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 5 of 12
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

Ah.  I think dispute comments are placed on your credit file by the CRAs, not the lenders, but I've never dealt with having them removed, so idk whether a lender could or would remove them or not.  I wouldn't expect WF to re-report to EX regardless, but, as long as the negative information that led you to dispute in the first place would have aged off EX by now, all you probably stand to lose in asking is the time it takes to do so.

Message 6 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

Ah.  I think dispute comments are placed on your credit file by the CRAs, not the lenders, but I've never dealt with having them removed, so idk whether a lender could or would remove them or not.  I wouldn't expect WF to re-report to EX regardless, but, as long as the negative information that led you to dispute in the first place would have aged off EX by now, all you probably stand to lose in asking is the time it takes to do so.

I think it depends on how the dispute is initiated.   I've bypassed the bureau and disputed directly with the lender in the past and they placed dispute comments on the account themselves --- I've also had those comments removed after the fact by requesting directly from the lender. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PicoFico wrote:

Hey all,

2) Is it worth getting dispute comments removed, and can that be used to get a TL to report again?

fico8.jpg

I wasn't behind the 8 ball much for my rebuild, and only had a collection account that disputed it's way off all 3 bureaus (DCI went out of business) and a charged off account from a wells fargo secured card opened in 2013, charged off in 2014. In my eagerness to get a clean file, I requested EE from EX and they removed the entire tradeline as opposed to the late strings or derogatory info. When I saw that happen I let EQ and TU deal with it naturally and now they are reporting as satisfactory accounts on those 2 bureaus (and not payment history). Learning lots still.

Lastly, with that WF secured card account, there's dispute comments I would like removed for EQ and TU.

Well that left me with a file that isn't symmetrical and decent score differences and i'm wondering if that's from the account ages being different now.

account_missing.jpg

age.jpg

Would you guys leave this alone or is there a hidden trick that can get this account to report again by asking for dispute comments to be removed?

disputes.jpg

Everything else among the bureaus is equal. Would you guys try to clean this up a bit better yet?

Thanks all!

Honestly, for a 14 pt difference? 

Not worth the trouble it could bring. Imagine if they decided it was derog again? For a handful of months of AAoA? Your report is already clean, I do not see the point risking having it get dirty again.

Under almost no circumstance an old derog TL that was removed will start reporting again as a positive TL. You got lucky with the other 2 bureaus. Let's not get greedy lol

Also, the CRAs place and remove the dispute comments. The creditor has nothing to do with that.

Plus, all 3 bureaus are allowed to have different files. All 3 of mine, as well as my SO, have 3 completely different reports between the bureaus. It is ok to not be symmetrical.

Your file is young/thin. Be happy your scores are as high as the are and continue on with your (re)build.

Message 8 of 12
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

Hey all,

fico8.jpg

account_missing.jpg

age.jpg

disputes.jpg

Thanks all!

Honestly, for a 14 pt difference? 

Not worth the trouble it could bring. Imagine if they decided it was derog again? For a handful of months of AAoA? Your report is already clean, I do not see the point risking having it get dirty again.

Under almost no circumstance an old derog TL that was removed will start reporting again as a positive TL. You got lucky with the other 2 bureaus. Let's not get greedy lol

Also, the CRAs place and remove the dispute comments. The creditor has nothing to do with that.

Plus, all 3 bureaus are allowed to have different files. All 3 of mine, as well as my SO, have 3 completely different reports between the bureaus. It is ok to not be symmetrical.

Your file is young/thin. Be happy your scores are as high as the are and continue on with your (re)build.

That settles that then Smiley Happy

As to being lucky, the negative info aged off. Am I lucky in the sense the trade line stayed reporting on EQ and TU?

It bothers me, because really I caused it (with EX, that is). Your advice is noted though and I won't be pursuing it.

I'm correct in thinking that dispute comments on closed accounts don't affect fico scores and mortgage lenders won't care correct?

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute comments in and of themselves are not scoring criteria, be it on an open or closed account.  I wouldn't sweat the comments.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.