Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Psycho is FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Psycho is FICO?

I have made several posts when I have seen changes in my scores which defy understanding. Here is another one.

Chase increased my CL from $3,500 to $4,500. On 10/21 Experian increased my score by 4 points for that. On the same day Chase reported that my balance had gone from $0 to $72, or 1.6% Utuil on the new credit line and 2.0% of my old line. I also have two Amex cards (Lines $12,000 and $10,000 with $0 balance on each, so my actual total utilization is below 1%). That $72 was also reported to TU. How did Experian and TU recalculate my score for a $72 balance?

Experian gave me 4 more points, and TU docked me 10 points. Keep in mind both reports are identical.

FICO is Psycho - got points from EXP and docked points by TU for the same thing.FICO is Psycho - got points from EXP and docked points by TU for the same thing.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Psycho is FICO?

@Anonymous

Chase increased my CL from $3,500 to $4,500. On 10/21 Experian increased my score by 4 points for that.

You're making a very common mistake on this forum in believing that a score change is related to the alert you received.  When you receive an alert as you did, you are provided with a new score at that time.  The change to your score doesn't have to be at all related to the alert.  A change from 1.6% utilization to 2.0% utilization or vice versa isn't going to impact your score at all, so the 4 point shift you saw came from something else.

Similarly, if you see one of your scores increase by 4 points, but another one of your scores decrease by 10 points, it's from different events happening.  One single change isn't going to cause one of your scores to go +4 and the other -10. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.