cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we find out when our CCs report to the 3CBs?

tag
antredd67
Contributor

How can we find out when our CCs report to the 3CBs?

Does anyone know when:

Wells Fargo
WaMu
Providian
AMEX
Chevron
Mobil
Discover
Citibank
Capital One
Direct Merchants (HSBC)
MBNA
BofA  report to the CBs?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best way is to use TrueCredit (from TransUnion) -- it...

The best way is to use TrueCredit (from TransUnion) -- it'll show you when the various cards reported.
Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Call The Cedit Card Companies

I just called my cc companies and asked for the "credit bureau reporting department."  I do know that:

AMEX reports to the bureaus on the 25th of every month

FIA (formerly MBNA) usually by the 7th of every month

Hope this helps!
Message 3 of 9
antredd67
Contributor

Thanks

Yes it helps a lot.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex cards report on the 11th. One of my BofA cards re...

My Amex cards report on the 11th.

One of my BofA cards reports on the 9th, the other on the 19th.

The only thing that seems to be consistent is HSBC generally reports the last day of the month.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can we find out when our CCs report to the 3CBs?

My suggestion is to pull your credit reports and look at what date they are reporting to the credit bureaus.

For example, I have a 53rd credit card.  My payment is due on the 7th of the month and my monthly bill cycle is the 12th of the month.  By looking at my credit report, I found out that 53rd reports on my montly bill cycle which is the 12th. 

If you call the credit card companies, they don't know have the time anyway!  It will shock you how much you learn about credit through discussion forums such as this ... compared to depending on credit card companies to share their knowledge which is drastically limited.

Best of luck!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cooper wrote:
My suggestion is to pull your credit reports and look at what date they are reporting to the credit bureaus.

For example, I have a 53rd credit card.  My payment is due on the 7th of the month and my monthly bill cycle is the 12th of the month.  By looking at my credit report, I found out that 53rd reports on my montly bill cycle which is the 12th. 

If you call the credit card companies, they don't know have the time anyway!  It will shock you how much you learn about credit through discussion forums such as this ... compared to depending on credit card companies to share their knowledge which is drastically limited.

Best of luck!

A lot of times bank will give you a reporting date but the date the CB actually updates will vary.  I learned this by monitoring through TC. The date is actually the balance date.  In other words they may not report till end of month but the date you see on the CR is mid month.  That is the date your balance was at the balanc reflcted on the report

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-17-2007 10:50 AM
Message 7 of 9
ASAP2

I heard threw my cousin's sister's brother's duaghter's husband's exwife's motherinlaw's uncles's significant other's babies momma that they reported to the credit bureau on the day that your monthly statment comes out. Maybe a rumor?Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying to get a feel for this as well. I called Aspire and they said that they report at the end of the month. I know that isn't true because it's usually maxed at the end of the month. I pay it down by the due date and that's what getting reported to the bureau. HSBC said they report at the end of the month too. I believe they are correct because my "pay it down on the due date" strategy didn't work. So, it seems like you have to kind of feel it out. I don't think that Aspire purposely lied to me. The CS rep just doesn't know or care.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.