Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come??

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

How come??

I am in my rebuilding journey since March of this year and my scores have improved since.... am just wondering, how come when I opened my walmart and my chevron in May, walmart TU score started at 632, six months later my score a few days ago from walmart was only 648.... although I did opened 6 cards the past six months, I thought it should bounced back after the six month mark??.... myfico TU is actually at least 20+ points higher than my walmart, but i would think with all the good payments and all, my score would be higher than 648....any thoughts??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: How come??

@kobe2012 wrote:
I am in my rebuilding journey since March of this year and my scores have improved since.... am just wondering, how come when I opened my walmart and my chevron in May, walmart TU score started at 632, six months later my score a few days ago from walmart was only 648.... although I did opened 6 cards the past six months, I thought it should bounced back after the six month mark??
You thought it would bounce back to what?
.... myfico TU is actually at least 20+ points higher than my walmart, but i would think with all the good payments and all, my score would be higher than 648....any thoughts??

The MyFICO TU & the Walmart TU are different models, so that's why there is a variation (I don't know if you knew that or not, some people don't).  Your score might not be as high as you would like depending on what your balances are reporting as each month.  Also, opening 6 accounts probably dropped your AAoA pretty good, so it could be a while before you get your score up to where you would like it.

Message 2 of 4
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Additionally, the sting of "new credit" is going to haunt you for six to twelve months.  Why, because Fico believes if you increase credit, you are an increased risk. Not always true, especially if you take a hard hit (hard pull) on your credit report for a cli, because not everybody is going to use the ultimate max of the new credit increase.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1   You took a hit on your AAoA and for Inqs on the new accounts.  Let them garden, you'll go up.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.