Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a 2nd balance affect scores?

tag
Bogey1975
Contributor

How does a 2nd balance affect scores?

I had AZEO till interest hit me again. The 2nd card with a balance shows 0% UT on all my CRs, but shows a balance of $6. The limit on the card is 24,000.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: How does a 2nd balance affect scores?

How many open cards do you have?

Which FICO version are most important for you to track?

If it's FICO 8, you may or may not see a score decrease with TU8 and EQ8. EX8 is rather resilient and will probably not be affected.
Message 2 of 8
Bogey1975
Contributor

Right now I'm tracking Mortgage scores. I have 15 open cards.

@AllZero wrote:

If it's FICO 8, you may or may not see a score decrease with TU8 and EQ8. EX8 is rather resilient and will probably not be affected.

Message 3 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

For EX2, I'm not sure of the exact threshold. It's somewhere around 25% of revolving accounts reporting a balance. You should be fine with 2/15.

I don't know for TU4 or EQ5. I'm guessing perhaps the same?

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Bogey1975 wrote:

Right now I'm tracking Mortgage scores. I have 15 open cards.

@AllZero wrote:

The mortgage scores are more sensitive to number of accounts with balance. You might lose a few points, or you might not.

It depends on how many revolving accounts one has altogether.

Since you have 15 accounts, it should cost you no more than a couple of points, if anything.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Forgot to mention in the previous question to include CLOC, PLOC. Those are revolving accounts.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably will be fine with 15 open accounts.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s profile dependent it may or may not make a difference and it also depends on which version. For instance, the mortgage Scores are more likely to be affected than version 8, which may not be affected at all. But as I said it’s profile dependent. how many cards do you have? how many accounts do you have etc.

@Bogey1975 Well I posted before I realized there were other answers. Yeah With 15 cards, you should be fine.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.