Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for Experian to generate a FICO score

tag
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

How long for Experian to generate a FICO score

Hey FICO community. I have an auto loan that has been reporting to EQ and TU for the last 26 months but they dont report to EX. Right now EX says my score is unavailable for not having enough reporting. I opened my first CC in early Feb and was wondering how many monthly payments would be enough to generate a score?   Thanks in advance 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: How long for Experian to generate a FICO score

6 months history is required for a FICO score to be generated 

Message 2 of 4
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Thanks dragontears   I was afraid of that. I was hoping maybe after a few months or something but it is what it is.  Thanks for the info 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 3 of 4
GApeachy
Super Contributor

My ds and dil were able to get a score across 3cb's within 2 or 3 months piggy backing off of mine and dh's accts.  I did this for them and posted their results somewhere around March of 2019, will have to look:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/authorized-user-credit-score/

"If you can’t qualify for a credit card on your own, being an authorized user can help you beef up your credit history and can help with “credit age,” a scoring factor. If you don’t yet have a FICO score, it can shorten the time needed to generate one to less than six months. It may also let you enjoy the convenience of having plastic in your wallet."

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.