cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to see improvements in credit score?

tag
Wonamini

How long to see improvements in credit score?

I am trying to improve my credit score. I have one cc and recently increased my available credit to double what it had been and I have been paying ontime. I have tried to keep purchasing on card to 9% and of course paying it off at end of month. I also have a mortgage. Credit changed from 587 to 613. How long will it take me to get to 680 or 700+?

Anxious to
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: How long to see improvements in credit score?

Credit is a long term gain.  Other than utility changes it's hard to get any quick changes.  Make sure you pay off your credit card before the statement cuts leaving that 9% or less balance.  I would also consider opening two more lines.  Three cards is a good minimum for a higher score. 

@Wonamini wrote:
I am trying to improve my credit score. I have one cc and recently increased my available credit to double what it had been and I have been paying ontime. I have tried to keep purchasing on card to 9% and of course paying it off at end of month. I also have a mortgage. Credit changed from 587 to 613. How long will it take me to get to 680 or 700+?

Anxious to

Message 2 of 3
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: How long to see improvements in credit score?

Some changes have immediate impact upon your score, while others may be a gradual gain in points.
Some examples of immediate gain are reducing your overall debt significantly, getting higher CL's and getting a baddie removed from your CR.
Some examples of slow gain are credit age increasing and INQ's aging.

Impact of quicker items happens when the creditor reports to the credit bureau, which usually happens monthly (so within 30 days)

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.