Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until new TLs don't hurt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long until new TLs don't hurt?

Hiya,
I would like to have some idea about when a new account "ages" enough so that the negative impact on my score will start to lessen.
My first new TL since I started monitoring my credit has hit EX, so I bought an updated FICO to assess the damage.
I went from 682 to 670 on EX as a result of one inq and the new TL reporting.
I knew that I would take a short-term hit despite the util boost (which is small because my balances are so high).
The reason I am watching this is that I have another CC from Amex about to hit, I hope, which will be my last CC application for a long time.  And I also have a new car loan about to hit, and my old one about to show up as paid and closed. 
I had three old and open CCs reporting (23 years, 17 years, 12 years) and then 1 5-month old one before applying for these two new cards so I know these new accounts are worsening my average age.
So after my new tradelines hit and my score drops, I'm looking for some idea about how long it will take me to recover the points as the TLs age.
Thanks for any thoughts!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long until new TLs don't hurt?

Usually 6-12 months.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long until new TLs don't hurt?

@fused111 wrote:
Usually 6-12 months.

Agree Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.