Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many FICO Points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many FICO Points?

How many points can you raise your FICO in one years time if you do everything right?  Mine hasn't changed in a year.  I am trying to reestablish my credit.  I pay my bills on time, pay more than the minimum, and no late payments in over 2 years.  My score is 637.  Thanks for any comments
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How many FICO Points?

MidnightVoice wrote:

4 years of careful money management – score increase of 54 points.

Playing the FICO game – increase of 69 points in 4 weeks

99 points in 6 weeks

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With out removing negatives.... I've seen around 70 points if you were lacking credit history of which (included are) 20 points can be all inquiries dropping off. 10 points new accounts older... You can gain triple digits in addition from paying down UTL. Their is plenty of room for some.
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

mesmommie wrote:
How many points can you raise your FICO in one years time if you do everything right?  Mine hasn't changed in a year.  I am trying to reestablish my credit.  I pay my bills on time, pay more than the minimum, and no late payments in over 2 years.  My score is 637.  Thanks for any comments

Nice of you to join.  You will be like me, a credit nerd, in seconds flat.Smiley Tongue  Try reading Tuscani's credit scoring 101 thread below.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have read my earlier postings...I was a EQ 536 in Feb and June 648-- a +116 increase. So I can only imagine what you could do in a yr. I had everything from a judgement;repo & several CO accounts and charge-offs w/Bal.I took my income tax money and pd everything off.My wife thought I had lost my mind. Disputed everything I could... even if it wasn't pd. I had a judgement that was filed in 2004...so it didn't suppose to come off until 2011... even if pd. I disputed it several times and eventually it was deleted off both reports.(TU&EQ) I was close to 8k in debt in Feb... and now only thing on CR is $86 on CC and $300 on CC w/ low UTL. And to make it even greater...I haven't even applied the 1-9% UTL. I have been going no higher than 30%. To give you an example...my UTL in May was 97% due to me not knowing the CC was going to give the CL. My score dropped to 599. I disputed the Bal and it was changed and it went to 648...nothing else changed in my report. A +49 increase just due to UTL.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-26-2007 05:38 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score did'nt fo up for a long time beacuse my old transfered car loan  account was reporting that I'm late as of today and I nevere saw it.

So look carefully, dispute innacurate info, write GW letters for LP....
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.