Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does CCT update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does CCT update?

@Anonymous wrote:

lol - doing this would cost me a pull, because I wouldn't be able to sign up for another free trial until my 30 day 'real' membership expired.  Made me laugh though  Smiley Tongue

True, I hadn't considered that...  hummmm.  I don't know what the additional benefits are of a "real" membership.  I guess I'll have to check it out over the next 25 days or so and use my pull wisely about 15 days in Smiley Wink  I'm wondering when I do my next pull how long it will say I have before I'm eligible for another $1 trial.  I'm guessing at the end of the 30 day membership, but this is a first for me so I'm not sure.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

lol - doing this would cost me a pull, because I wouldn't be able to sign up for another free trial until my 30 day 'real' membership expired.  Made me laugh though  Smiley Tongue

True, I hadn't considered that...  hummmm.  I don't know what the additional benefits are of a "real" membership.  I guess I'll have to check it out over the next 25 days or so and use my pull wisely about 15 days in Smiley Wink  I'm wondering when I do my next pull how long it will say I have before I'm eligible for another $1 trial.  I'm guessing at the end of the 30 day membership, but this is a first for me so I'm not sure.

I had a real membership before I got wise to trials (by reading one of your posts) - the main benefit is real-time monitoring (aka they'll send you an email if something changes on your reports) - Personally I'd rather monitor it myself by pulling weekly  Smiley Wink

the expiration of the 30 days is just like the expiration of the 7 days - you'll be able to trial up again next month  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
Subexistence
Established Contributor

$1 if constantly spent can add up so free is better. Free as in scorecard,discover TU service, and Lenny. I think this CCT will be the last trial I buy unless something changes.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a real membership before I got wise to trials (by reading one of your posts) - the main benefit is real-time monitoring (aka they'll send you an email if something changes on your reports) - Personally I'd rather monitor it myself by pulling weekly  Smiley Wink

the expiration of the 30 days is just like the expiration of the 7 days - you'll be able to trial up again next month  Smiley Happy

I think even with $1 trials you still get daily updates on Experian, right?  I know that every day I log in it always says that the score generated for EX was "generated today" and I always assumed that the monitoring went along with that too.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

$1 if constantly spent can add up so free is better. Free as in scorecard,discover TU service, and Lenny. I think this CCT will be the last trial I buy unless something changes.

Keep in mind you get a LOT more with a CCT $1 trial than you do with the other things you listed.  Whether or not that dollar is "worth it" to you is completely a personal decision of course.

Message 15 of 19
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

Keep in mind you get a LOT more with a CCT $1 trial than you do with the other things you listed.  Whether or not that dollar is "worth it" to you is completely a personal decision of course.

Do you think CCT makes some profit from $1 trials?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously doubt it.  I think they just bank on a decent portion of people doing the trials to submit and go with "real" memberships, especially when offered the "half off" deal for 1-5 years upon cancellation.  I also think they bank on some people forgetting to cancel and getting roped into a real membership, even if they cancel it shortly after.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I seriously doubt it.  I think they just bank on a decent portion of people doing the trials to submit and go with "real" memberships, especially when offered the "half off" deal for 1-5 years upon cancellation.  I also think they bank on some people forgetting to cancel and getting roped into a real membership, even if they cancel it shortly after.

Not to mention the trials generate significant 'word of mouth' AKA 'free' advertising on personal finance and credit forums...

Message 18 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

AMEX is notoriously slow to report. Some have said that it could take three to four statements.

I got my BCE in February, and it hasn't reported. The current statement period closes on Friday. It could report in a few days, or I may have to wait another month or three.

I'm in no hurry to see it show up, though, as it's almost certainly going to result in a score ding. If it ages a bit before it appears, it'll work to my advantage.

At any rate, because the card was very unlikely to report, I decided to take advantage of that opportunity by allowing my first month's statement balance to be significantly larger than what I'd likely allow to be reported normally. One of the report items is "highest balance." I figured it'd look pretty silly if the highest balance on a $15,000 limit card was under $100. Smiley Happy I'm assuming, of course, that the first month's balance will appear as my highest balance once AMEX finally reports.

Just thought I'd pass along that based on Credit Karma and Credit.com, AMEX just showed up on my Equifax and Experian reports after the second statement. Karma shows my first month's statement balance as my highest balance. Credit.com doesn't offer that level of detail.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.