Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase my score ASAP??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to increase my score ASAP??

Understood, but I have paid off all my balances like 1-2 years ago. I hope it's fine on the report.
Message 11 of 29
phxphun
New Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
By the way, make sure that all your cards are reporting $0, not just that you pay them promptly when the statement comes.

I thought it helped to let just one of your cards carry a small balance.  Is that true or is it best to take them all down to $0?

Message 12 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

phxphun wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
By the way, make sure that all your cards are reporting $0, not just that you pay them promptly when the statement comes.

I thought it helped to let just one of your cards carry a small balance.  Is that true or is it best to take them all down to $0?

Yes, that's best for tweaking scores; I just couldn't bear to type it again. Smiley Very Happy I was mainly trying to point out that it's the balance on the statement, not whether you PIF by the due date, that gets reported to the CRA's and is factored into your scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 29
phxphun
New Contributor

Understood. Thanks for the minor clarification.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some good info here, but theres more you can do.  Understand you cant immediately improve your score over night.  Your score is complex and reflects everything about your recorded financial history.  In this case I would firstly pull your credit report.  You can get all three for free once a year, but you might be better off just getting one at a time.  Secondly pay off these little baby accounts and yes make sure they are $0 balance and paid in full.  After that ask your creditor which credit bureau they report to and give those bureau's a call.  Specifically cite which remark on your credit report which is innacurate, these are now the paid accounts, and they will have to follow through and check.  In most cases they wont check, unless prompted to, but when they do get notice, they will surely do their due dilligence to ensure accuracy.  You dont have to do this step because it will be reported in your next cycle to the credit bureau, however as you have noticed there are miscommunication errors.  Best bet is keeping the last 24 months of your credit report clean.  the last 24 months are the most important when your credit score is calculated.

and for what it matters, most of the stores like bloomies are backed by WFNB, i dont know what DSNB is.

Message 15 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

illuznpro wrote:

and for what it matters, most of the stores like bloomies are backed by WFNB, i dont know what DSNB is.

Bloomies store, like Macys, is backed by DSNB (Department Stores National Bank). The Visa option is backed by Citi.
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone link me to the website where I can get my credit report for free (once an yr)? Thanks! I want to know if they increased my score.
Message 17 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Design1314 wrote:
Can someone link me to the website where I can get my credit report for free (once an yr)? Thanks! I want to know if they increased my score.

www.annualcreditreport.com

Message Edited by llecs on 04-23-2009 03:56 PM
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Mod for the quick reply!
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mod the site you link me for credit score only gives free credit reports not scores, Do  you know any free credit score ones? Thanks again.

I've found 2 negetive accounts, one is Gap which never used but I closed the account, 2nd one is Bloomingdales VISA which I explained to Bloomingdales why I didn't pay the account and they told the credit bureau. It shows that the balance for both accounts are $0. What should I do now? Smiley Sad 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.