Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't explain why my score is so low, please assist

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: I can't explain why my score is so low, please assist

@foofighter74 wrote:

Utilities, cell phones, etc, usually don't report until you fall behind.  But they CAN report, it's just that they usually don't.  Unless the 120 late from Verizon is inaccurate, they won't remove it because it does in fact belong on your credit report. 

I think you're missing the point. 

I know it's supposed to be on my credit report.  The question is whether or not it should be listed as an installment account (versus being a collections account).

Follow-up question though.

Do you get scored the same if you have 1 PR or 100 PRs? 

Message 11 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I can't explain why my score is so low, please assist

@basballguy wrote:

I know it's supposed to be on my credit report.  The question is whether or not it should be listed as an installment account (versus being a collections account).

Follow-up question though.

Do you get scored the same if you have 1 PR or 100 PRs?  

It's can't be listed as a collection because it isn't. It's a charge-off. By default, COs utilities are listed as an installment (vs. auto, mortgage, CC).

I'd argue the law of diminishing returns on the PR. However, I have seen some posts in here of PRs dropping resulting in no score change when other PR(s) had remained.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.