Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a bit confused...

tag
sno_85

I'm a bit confused...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm having some trouble choosing between the myFico products. I messed my credit up a few years ago and have just pulled myself completely out of debt this past summer. I was young and a bit dumb, but I've learned my lesson. Smiley Happy I really would like to buy a home 3-5 years from now and while I save up for a downpayment, I want to track my credit score. Are the scores from the three different credit bureaus normally pretty close to one another? Would just the monthly monitoring be sufficient for now? You have all probably heard this asked a million times, so I apologize if you're tired of answering this question!

Thank you for any help you can give me, I really do appreciate it!

3/8/14:
EX - 640; EQ - 666; TU - 672
Goal:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I'm a bit confused...

Hi and welcome to the forums.

The scores on this site are all different models/version so it would be a coincidence if they were all close.  The only one that would be an exact match to what a mortgage lender pulled would be the EQ score.

Each CRA has uses a different method of scoring so even if you had the exact same version of FICO and your reports were exactly the same, the scores would be different.  By how much, I couldn't say.

This is the only place a consumer can purchase all three scores. 

EQ Score Watch monitors your EQ report and alerts you to score changes. It is a popular product on the site.

There is nowhere that monitors all three reports and provides a FICO for each one.

Message 2 of 3
sno_85

Re: I'm a bit confused...

Oookay, I didn't know that the scoring methods were so different. Thank you so much for the help, it has made this much more clear!

3/8/14:
EX - 640; EQ - 666; TU - 672
Goal:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.