Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries

I thought that hard inquiries only stay on your report for 2 years, but this past March 2nd will be exactly 2 years from my first hard inquiry and it is still on there. Are inquiries on there forever? Or do they eventually go away since they are not recent? I know that they don't really count unless they are within the last 12 months, but I was hoping they would get erased off my report. If anybody knows, this would be great, thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should go off by end of the month..I had situation h...

They should go off by end of the month..I had situation happened to me ...
Message 2 of 4
Platinum25
New Contributor

Is there any method to get your inquiries, or at least th...

Is there any method to get your inquiries, or at least the majority of them, removed from your CR before the 2 year period?  There seems to be a method out there for everything else in the world to help out us consumers.  Smiley Happy  I have a lot of inquiries over the past 2 years, obviously no fault but my own, but I HATE seeing them on my CR and would like to get rid of them ASAP.  Does anyone know of a method or procedure to get around the 2 year deal?  TIA.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a way to possible get them off sooner

You can write a letter to the creditor that pulled your records and request that they remove their inquiry. If you did not sign anything agreeing to let them pull your CR then you may want to point that out to them. If you did get permission you may want to ask them to do a good will and remove the inquire. Some times they will do this and sometimes they just dont want to take the time. But you can try there.

Message Edited by nikkoslilmouse on 03-18-2007 09:34 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.