Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry drop off?

tag
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

Inquiry drop off?

I had some auto inquiries last year on April 28 2019. When we I see a score boost from them aging one year. I haven't received a Myfico score alert yet. Any ideas? TIA

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Acc-Risk
Contributor

Re: Inquiry drop off?

I've usually just called in and they've removed them immediately. On the bad side though, Experian magically one day added everything from the last two years back on. Not sure what prompted it but I didn't see a score drop from that action.

Message 2 of 3
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiry drop off?

MyFICO alerts are seldom timely.  The day you get an alert is seldom the day the action occurred.  For me EX is usually 1st to provide an alert and TU is the last by many days. 

My understanding regarding EQ & TU is that it's removed immediately after it reaches 365 days.  However, EX does not remove INQ's until the 1st Saturday of the following month after it reaches a year.  So for example if  a yr is reached on the 1st of a month, you'll have to wait over a month before it updates with EX.  It should be removed today.  There are occasions where it happens the 2nd Saturday, not sure if there's a specific day of the week on which an INQ ages that pushes the removal to the following Saturday but it will come off either today or the 9th.  

But there are LOTS of threads within the last few weeks about accounts not updating which I assume has something to do with the current health situation.  Not sure. 

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.