Installment tradeline utilization thread

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Installment tradeline utilization thread

@Revelate wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Thanks for the update.

That's a big jump for such a small reduction in balance to loan ratio. Wonder how Fico 09 reacts relative to Fico 08.

I think you will find that aggregate CC utilization in the something above zero to 6% range it treated the same with regards to scoring on Fico 08. 

Have you found a utilization datapoint of 6% on aggregate CC?  I can't really test aggregate at all on my file, but that seems like an awfully awkward number compared to the easy 10% which has been pontificated for years here and elsewhere. 

I'm curious on the FICO 9 data too, my split of scores between EQ / EX doesn't help in diagnosing that at all unfortunately when it comes to installment utilization.

Thanks SJ for the conclusive datapoint confirming the prior data as well, and I'm glad the reindeer games finally worked out for you!

No I haven't. Actually I went to 6% quite by accident.

And as I noted in my previous post, to Thomas_Thumb, the dip in points could have been attributed to a single card shooting up from zero to 78%, rather than the increase in overall utilization.

Hopefully that will all be cleaned up in a couple of weeks, and I can see what impact the installment loan 9% breakpoint really had.

This is a great thread, and I thank YOU for letting me play in the reindeer games Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 341 of 360
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Thanks for the update.

That's a big jump for such a small reduction in balance to loan ratio. Wonder how Fico 09 reacts relative to Fico 08.

I think you will find that aggregate CC utilization in the something above zero to 6% range it treated the same with regards to scoring on Fico 08. 

I'm embarrassed to say that, being incapable of postponing immediate gratification, I just threw $52.13 out the window to order a 3-B updated report. Will let you know about the other bureaus and about FICO 9 when the report comes in.

Update 4/5/16, 3:59 PM EX FICO9 had an even bigger bounce, jumping 39 points Smiley Happy

Message 342 of 360
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I'm embarrassed to say that, being incapable of postponing immediate gratification, I just threw $52.13 out the window to order a 3-B updated report. Will let you know about the other bureaus and about FICO 9 when the report comes in.

Update 4/5/16, 3:59 PM EX FICO9 had an even bigger bounce, jumping 39 points Smiley Happy

Well that's handy to know, thank you SJ!  Yeah I would've done an individual 1B pull unless I knew that all the bureaus had referenced the change.

Interesting to note my EQ FICO 9 is precisely where I'm expecting my FICO 8 to be when my tax lien is gone at the end of 2017 with my ugly installment utilization... just wish I could explain my own EX FICO 9 heh.  Will probably pull an update before I go on the planned summer fling.

        
Message 343 of 360
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Thanks for the update.

Well that's handy to know, thank you SJ!  Yeah I would've done an individual 1B pull unless I knew that all the bureaus had referenced the change.

Interesting to note my EQ FICO 9 is precisely where I'm expecting my FICO 8 to be when my tax lien is gone at the end of 2017 with my ugly installment utilization... just wish I could explain my own EX FICO 9 heh.  Will probably pull an update before I go on the planned summer fling.

Yeah well you're smarter than me Smiley Happy I assumed if EX had it the others would too, but they don't.

Message 344 of 360
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Yeah well you're smarter than me Smiley Happy I assumed if EX had it the others would too, but they don't.

Nah, more experienced possibly.  The bureaus batch their updates, and their processing time varies even month to month with an individual bureau let alone across bureaus.  It's not anywhere close to realtime, so I usually try to make sure that everything is reported before spending the full 3B... or I pull individual 1B's which turns out to be the same price to try to isolate the change as much as possible by pulling as close to the balance update as possible.

        
Message 345 of 360
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My little installment loan just reported paid. I now have no open loans reporting.

Here's an interesting note: The score drop was also 33 points on TU, from 821 to 788. Don't know on EQ because my tax lien vanished between updates, so it actually went up.

Message 346 of 360
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My little installment loan just reported paid. I now have no open loans reporting.

Here's an interesting note: The score drop was also 33 points on TU, from 821 to 788. Don't know on EQ because my tax lien vanished between updates, so it actually went up.

Amazing; that little loan was worth 33 points.

Message 347 of 360
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Update: Crossing from 15% to 9% on my share secured loan resulted in (a) a 25 point pop on my TU FICO 8, and (b) the previously mentioned 28 point pop on my EX FICO 8 and 39 point pop on my EX FICO 9

Message 348 of 360
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. As expected even though I have been quiet.

Message 349 of 360
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Update: Crossing from 15% to 9% on my share secured loan resulted in (a) a 25 point pop on my TU FICO 8, and (b) the previously mentioned 28 point pop on my EX FICO 8 and 39 point pop on my EX FICO 9

There ya have it then SouthJamaica.

Proof positive once again where FICO's IL algorithm variable is well in full force!

Message 350 of 360
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.