cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Authorized User Dinged For Adding New Accounts?

tag
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Re: Is Authorized User Dinged For Adding New Accounts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is my recent story with Chase.

DW apped for the Chase FU with 0% APR for 15 months. Since all my daily drivers are have an APR of 11.74 or higher, she added me as an AU. As it turns out, Chase winded up HP'ing my EQ dinging me about 2 points. I have 2 Chase cards, with my first one going back to 2011.

Now I am thinking what I could possibly do to leverage this new HP. Should I call and ask them to give me a CLI on my older cards? The HP is dated 09/12. Maybe its too late?

Interesting. I haven't heard too many DP's of AU's getting an HP. It's never happened to myself either.

Regardless, for Chase, most DP's of one HP being used for multiple apps/inquiries almost always include those apps/inquiries happening within 24 hours. More than a month is far too late. 

[2/2019]
Message 21 of 25
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:  ... she added me as an AU. As it turns out, Chase winded up HP'ing my EQ dinging me about 2 points. I have 2 Chase cards,

This sounds insane to me.  First of all, you didn't authorize the HP.  Secondly, Chase already knows what your score is

due to your existing accounts with them.  Curious if Chase asked DW for your SS# and/or if there was some kind of disclaimer

that a HP would be executed on the AU (not that any third party should be able to give the OK to pull someone else's credit!). 

Thirdly, an AU is not in any way responsible for payment on the account, therefore it shouldn't matter if your score is 580 or 780!

If Chase was merely curious, they could easily have done a SP instead of intentionally wreaking havoc with a HP especially when it

wasn't directly authorized to begin with.  SMH!

Message 22 of 25
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@CJ7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:  ... she added me as an AU. As it turns out, Chase winded up HP'ing my EQ dinging me about 2 points. I have 2 Chase cards,

This sounds insane to me.  First of all, you didn't authorize the HP.  Secondly, Chase already knows what your score is

due to your existing accounts with them.  Curious if Chase asked DW for your SS# and/or if there was some kind of disclaimer

that a HP would be executed on the AU (not that any third party should be able to give the OK to pull someone else's credit!). 

Thirdly, an AU is not in any way responsible for payment on the account, therefore it shouldn't matter if your score is 580 or 780!

If Chase was merely curious, they could easily have done a SP instead of intentionally wreaking havoc with a HP especially when it

I have several cards with Chase, all with AU's. Some of the AU's already had accounts with Chase, some didn't. But they never asked for SS# and never did any HP's. 

[2/2019]
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7 wrote:

I couldnt agree more!

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is my recent story with Chase.

DW apped for the Chase FU with 0% APR for 15 months. Since all my daily drivers are have an APR of 11.74 or higher, she added me as an AU. As it turns out, Chase winded up HP'ing my EQ dinging me about 2 points. I have 2 Chase cards, with my first one going back to 2011.

Now I am thinking what I could possibly do to leverage this new HP. Should I call and ask them to give me a CLI on my older cards? The HP is dated 09/12. Maybe its too late?

Interesting. I haven't heard too many DP's of AU's getting an HP. It's never happened to myself either.

Regardless, for Chase, most DP's of one HP being used for multiple apps/inquiries almost always include those apps/inquiries happening within 24 hours. More than a month is far too late. 

Yup! Figured that.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.