Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Transunion now reporting OK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Transunion now reporting OK

I recall reading at this site a month or so ago that TU was having problems with it's software, possibly about reporting correct score, although they wouldn't admit to it. At that time I had disputed and won most every mark against me (7 to 9 depending on what CCA)  due to incorrect reports of charge offs due to a Bankruptcy  now 3 years ago. My score had been 668 and rising steadily prior to this. But since winning this disputes and also getting a second fairly new CC and transferring a balance to the newest second card for lower interest reasons, my score has dramatically dropped to 602. I also want to mention that I haven't checked my score with any CA other than TU Though my 1st newer CC WaMu which I received in Jan or 07 displays my FICO credit score I'm told. Also the transfer of these balances put me well over 90% usage on that one card. I immediated reduced all cards (3) that have balances to 25% usage for a total of 2500 dollars balance on all 3 together. WaMu(FICO) and Juniper(FAKO) show total balances of usage at 5000-6000.  So I'm guessing these payments(which I made immediately 2 weeks later) haven't yet been recorded and is hopefully one reason why my score dropped so suddenly.
I'm wondering if those 7 to 9 dispute I won have had some sort of negative effect. Because, I still haven't had BOA aggree to correct thier remarks as the rest of CC have due to a Bankruptcy. BOA is still trying to claim these accounts were before the Bankruptcy. I have my discharge papers to prove otherwise but I'm affraid to send them in for fear of a negative effect on my score again.

Just a note. I did all this after reading on this site how to go about improving your score, because as of 6/4/2007 three years past on my BK and Wachovia would have been willing to give me about a 6% rate on a refinance of my home and a new HELOC for future investments of rental/turn around properties. Now it seems I'm screwed for quite awhile. And being that the real estate market has dropped around here it would be a perfect time to invest in a few properties for either rentals of fixer uppers. I'm in construction so it's right up my alley for retirement purposes. But I don't have the financing without  the loans.

So my question rides around, Has TU's problem been given me lower scores than normal or have my disputes or Newer accounts been my reason for a drop in score?

This whole FICO scoring systems sucks and I think I was better off leaving my reports the way they were before I got smart and disputed them.

Any clues out there?

Message Edited by bert57 on 06-07-2007 12:06 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Transunion now report OK

bert57 wrote:
I recall reading at this site a month or so ago that TU was having problems with it's software possibly about reporting correct score, although they wouldn't admit to it. At that time I had disputed and won most every mark against me (7 to 9 depending on what CCA)  due to incorrect reports of charge offs due to a Bankruptcy  now 3 years ago. My score had been 668 and rising steadily prior to this. But since winning this disputes and also getting  a second fairly new CC and transferring a balance to the newest second card for interest reasons, my score has dramatically dropped to 602. I also want to mention that I haven't checked my score with any CA other than TU through my 1st newer CC WaMu which I received in Jan or 07. Also the transfer of balances put me well over 90% usage on that card. I immediated reduced all cards (3) that have balances to 25% usage for a total of 2500 dollars balance on all 3 together. WaMu(FICO) and Juniper(FAKO) show total balances of usage at 5000-6000.  So I'm guessing the payments haven't yet been recorded and is hopefully one reason why my score dropped so suddenly.
I'm wondering if those 7 to 9 dispute I won have had some sort of negative effect. Because I still haven't had BOA aggree to correct thier remarks as the rest of CC have due to the Bankruptcy. BOA is still trying to claim these accounts were before the Bankruptcy. I have my discharge papers to prove otherwise but I'm affraid to send them in for fear of a negative effect on my score again.

Just a note. I did all this after reading on this site how to go about improving your score, because as of 6/4/2007 three years past on my BK and Wachovia would have been willing to give me about a 6% rate on a refinance of my home and a new HELOC for future investments of rental/turn around homes. Now it seems I'm screwed for quite awhile. And being the real estate market has dropped around here it would be a perfect time to invest in a few properties for either rentals of fixer uppers. I'm in construction so it's right up my alley for retirement purposes. But I don't have the financing without  the loans.

So my question ride around TU given me lower scores than normal or have my disputes or Newer accounts been my reason for a drop in score?

This whole FICO scoring systems sucks and I think I was better off leaving my reports the way they were before I got smart and disputed them.

Any clues out there?

For me, I have noticed improvement.  TU and EQ are reporting everthing correctly.  Cannot quite say the same for EX. 
Message 2 of 3
girlie
Regular Contributor

Re: Is Transunion now report OK

my tu score has gone up significantly just recently, but there were very slow for quite some time.  everything seems to be fine on my report now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.