cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any new type of account that can be opened that would add 15-20 points to the Mortgage scor

tag
Focker69
Regular Contributor

Is there any new type of account that can be opened that would add 15-20 points to the Mortgage scor

Hello all,

I'm sitting in the 660 range with some negatives and some positives. Trying to get over 680 quickly and was wondering if there is any type of new account that can be opened that would increase the Mortgage version of the score.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Hoping to hit 700 soon!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there any new type of account that can be opened that would add 15-20 points to the Mortgage

I don't believe such an account type exists unless you can come up with an existing financial institution who will extend you credit with no hard pull.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 6
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there any new type of account that can be opened that would add 15-20 points to the Mortgage

@Focker69 wrote:

Hello all,

I'm sitting in the 660 range with some negatives and some positives. Trying to get over 680 quickly and was wondering if there is any type of new account that can be opened that would increase the Mortgage version of the score.

How many open revolving accounts do you have? You can achieve AZEO to boost your score depending on what you already have.

Adding any new account would lower your score for next few months for Age of Accounts, New accounts, New Inquires... So that's probably is not a good idea for short term.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Need more info. How many cards now? How many have balances? Util %? Any installment loans? What are the baddies w/dates. Too generic and nothing is fast with scores.

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Focker69 wrote:

Hello all,

No. Opening accounts will only hurt your scores, not help them.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Focker69 wrote:

Hello all,

For mortgage Ficos; being added as an Authorized User to an account in good standing with low utilization, perfect payment history and lengthy credit age (say 15+ years) might boost your score. AU accounts always count in the older Classic Fico 04 and Fico 98 models used for mortgage evaluations. If the AU account is substantially older than any of your accounts, the added age will be beneficial. If the credit limit on the AU account is high and it reports very low utilization every month, that will be helpful - particularly if your current aggregate credit limit is relatively low by comparison.

I don't believe you will receive a hard inquiry if someone else adds you as an AU to their account. Someone who has been added as an AU in recent years should confirm the no HP for you.

The "mortgage Ficos" in particular want to see most but, not all revolving accounts report zero balances. For Fico 98 (EX score 2) charge cards like AMEX are evaluated as revolving accounts with UT = B/HB where HB is the highest balance on file - so pay off balances on these cardss before statement cut dates.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.