Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgments

I recently had a judgment for $8000.00 from 2002 removed from my credit. Will this improve my score?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgments

Yes
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should help your scores considerably! Congrats for getting what I consider a fatal baddie off your reports.

How much your FICO scores will go up is anyone's guess. But I'd say somewhere in the range of 15-60 points. To narrow it down further than that would simply be misleading.
Message 3 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Use the score estimator.  However, make sure that you are only inputting information from one CRA at a time.  http://www.myfico.com/FICOCreditScoreEstimator/Estimator.aspx

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
happy0510
Established Contributor

How did you manage that if you don't mind? It hasn't been 7 years....

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Do you know your FICO scores? Is this judgment the only negative on your reports? Any lates? CCs, balances and credit limits? Do you have inqs? Without knowing this information, it's difficult say what might happen with your scores even though most serious derogs have less of an affect after two years.

utrtmt1022 wrote:
I recently had a judgment for $8000.00 from 2002 removed from my credit. Will this improve my score?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get the judgment removed
Message 7 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A very good question, being asked by others... if it is a judgement, then did the court remove it?  Not likely.  Please tell us how it came off!
Regardless, if and when it comes off, judgements usually put you into one the lower FICO scoring algorithms, called "brackets" on here, and ill not only remove its impact on score in whatever bracket you are in, but will probably cause you to rebucket to a higher bracket, so it is a biggie.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 04-14-2008 08:06 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score estimator is so wrong.. It says for me 670-720...

My highest score is 635.. Of course I have not updated in a week or so..  I have never got a score watch report.. and I have paid down a 500 cl  cap one card down to 80.. but it still shows account balance of  303.00... BAD  BAD SCORE SIMULATOR
Message 9 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The score estimator is so wrong.. It says for me 670-720...

My highest score is 635.. Of course I have not updated in a week or so..  I have never got a score watch report.. and I have paid down a 500 cl  cap one card down to 80.. but it still shows account balance of  303.00... BAD  BAD SCORE SIMULATOR

That is on the CCC and the CRA, not FICO.  As soon as they update the information, FICO will reflect it.  I waited 15 days for updated information to fully reflect on all three CRAs.  Finally did on the last one today.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.