Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Ck'd My FICO Experian Score...

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Just Ck'd My FICO Experian Score...

and they state the only negative factor that's affecting your credit score

You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.

are they for real?.....yes i just took a vacation and spent about 3-5% of my total overall revolving credit. Can they come up with any better excuse?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Just Ck'd My FICO Experian Score...

@L-TWT wrote:

are they for real?.....yes i just took a vacation and spent about 3-5% of my total overall revolving credit. Can they come up with any better excuse?

They ALWAYS have to come up with negative reasons, even if there's really isn't any.

For people with >750 scores, just take those negative reasons with a grain of salt. 

At one point I had my #1 reason listed as "too many inquiries on file" even though there's only 1 inquiry on my EQ and that inquiry was over a year old, with the #2 reason being lack of mortgage on file. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

You have to consider it in context.  FICO lists the top things helping and hurting  your score.  The most negative thing on your report is utilization, but your score is a 778, which basically means that there is next to nothing wrong with your score.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

They ALWAYS have to come up with negative reasons, even if there's really isn't any.

For people with >750 scores, just take those negative reasons with a grain of salt. 

At one point I had my #1 reason listed as "too many inquiries on file" even though there's only 1 inquiry on my EQ and that inquiry was over a year old, with the #2 reason being lack of mortgage on file. 

It took me for a loop b/c i'm in the process of trying to take a mortgage, and i know creditor's look ova credit reports with a fine tooth comb!

Message 4 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 8
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

What's the highest util of a single card?

Negative Comment: Heavy Useage at 3%?

Roughly 5%, b/c i'm not try'n to have any negative factors against me when applying for a mortgage

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@L-TWT wrote:

Roughly 5%, b/c i'm not try'n to have any negative factors against me when applying for a mortgage

It's unavoidable. Your lender will always show the top 4, even if your score were near perfect. 

Message 7 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

As long as you are >750, there's a very good chance you will get the best rate available unless there's something against you, such as your DTI ratio putting you over the lender'a threshold if they were to approve you for the mortgage. That is more of a income vs. debt problem. As long as that checks out fine, you are okay.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.