Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Factor Affecting Score

tag
poops
Contributor

Key Factor Affecting Score

What does the statement below mean? It was listed on my EQ report as a key factor affecting my credit score.

"The percentage of department store accounts or charge cards to all of the accounts in your credit file"

I did not know that having more dept score cards than conventional CC's was a bad thing. Maybe I should apply for 1-2 more credit cards...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Key Factor Affecting Score

@poops wrote:

What does the statement below mean? It was listed on my EQ report as a key factor affecting my credit score.

"The percentage of department store accounts or charge cards to all of the accounts in your credit file"

I did not know that having more dept score cards than conventional CC's was a bad thing. Maybe I should apply for 1-2 more credit cards...

Was this a reason code that came with the non-FICO score that you mentioned in your other recent thread?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Judgment/m-p/1153215/highlight/true#M5944...

Message 2 of 4
poops
Contributor

Yes.

Message 3 of 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

"Fixing" that negative factor would only help that score, the Equifax Risk Score. Since that score is not used by any lender, why would you care?

Some, maybe even most, of the advice and/or reasons listed on FAKO reports will help you improve reports used by lenders. Unfortunately, some of it will actually hurt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.