Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Baddie Dropped off today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Baddie Dropped off today

Last baddie dropped off today and my score PLUNGED 36 points. I have no negatives and my score took the worst hit ever! Why would this happen? The card account was 7 years old  - maybe it falling off reduced the average age of my accounts but I expected a huge score INCREASE not a huge drop. This credit scoring is unexplainable. 

9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Last Baddie Dropped off today

@Anonymous wrote:

Last baddie dropped off today and my score PLUNGED 36 points. I have no negatives and my score took the worst hit ever! Why would this happen? The card account was 7 years old  - maybe it falling off reduced the average age of my accounts but I expected a huge score INCREASE not a huge drop. This credit scoring is unexplainable. 

Which FICO score / CB was this from ?   Also how bad was the account, was it a CO or just late payments?

What are the ages of your other accounts?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a paid charge off. The age of my other accounts are 11 years 

Message 3 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a paid charge off. The age of my other accounts are 11 years 

Again, what scores are you talking about?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 8

Message 5 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico 8

Which credit bureau and where did you get the score from?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That timing absolutely stinks, glad you hadn't app'd for the usb biz card yet.  Which score/bureau did this happen on? Exp, TU, or EQ?  What is your score now?  

I'm surprised too....unless you saw this on something like Credit Karma, it is perplexing.

ETA: Besides those ?'s ^^^^ what was the tl?  A loan/loc or cc?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have over $70K in cc limits. Use is 40% overall utilization. A baddie dropped off and my score plunged 36 points. Doesn't make sense to me. My score went from 700 to 664 across the board on all reports. How could this happen? 

Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Its not making any sense actually. Outside of the baddie gone. Did your util move up to 40% while this was going on? You can pull your real credit reports from annual credit reports and go over them with a fine tooth comb. It may be in there what caused this.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will pull credit reports to review them with a fine tooth comb

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.