cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments

tag
oztrek

Late payments

I have a 5 late payments (2 60 days , 3 30 days ) affecting my credit score badly

This credit card was originally Walmart /Synchrony Bank, they transferred the account to Capital One. I got confused when I started to see statements from Cap One . I made my first two payments to Synchrony bank then started to pay Cap One.  I believe at least 3 of the late payments are invalid.

I contacted Cap One also credit bureauses (Experian, Transunion) to fix this but they didnt remove any of the late payments from my report, even though I shared them the transaction records of the payments.

Any advise?

5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Late payments

@oztrek wrote:

I have a 5 late payments (2 60 days , 3 30 days ) affecting my credit score badly

This credit card was originally Walmart /Synchrony Bank, they transferred the account to Capital One. I got confused when I started to see statements from Cap One . I made my first two payments to Synchrony bank then started to pay Cap One.  I believe at least 3 of the late payments are invalid.

I contacted Cap One also credit bureauses (Experian, Transunion) to fix this but they didnt remove any of the late payments from my report, even though I shared them the transaction records of the payments.

Any advise?

2 things:

1. Send in verification letters to the bureaus from time to time, sometimes this accelerates their being removed.

2. Patience. Over time they will diminish in importance, and eventually fall off altogether.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 6
oztrek

Do the credit repair companies really work or waste of money?

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@oztrek wrote:

Do the credit repair companies really work or waste of money?

I can't generalize, but a relative of mine used one, and it did seem to work, and it saved time.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Forget the companies. they just dispute things to death that you can do. Get a FRCA lawyer.

Message 5 of 6
etatauri
Established Member

I have a similar thing happen to me. Gap/Synchrony was transferred to Barclays and they cancelled my auto payments. Now I have a late payment record and trying to dispute it, but we'll see what happens..

Capital One Savor 20,000 |||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 |||| American Express Blue Cash Preferred 11,000 |||| Venmo 10,000 |||| Macy's Amex 10,000 |||| Amazon Prime Signature Visa (Chase) 6,900 |||| Citi Double Cash 6,500 |||| Wells Fargo Platinum 6,000 |||| Chase Freedom Unlimited 5,700 |||| Paypal Credit 4,250 |||| Gap (Synchrony) 3,500 |||| Total CL: 98,850

EX: 812 |||| TU: 792 |||| EQ: 792 (As of Apr. 28, 2022)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.