Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates removed, no score change

tag
SCYD
Regular Contributor

Lates removed, no score change

My husband has bankruptcy  discharge from 2010 in his credit report.

He had some lates after bakruptcy on a car loan and credit card which were:

10 - 60 days late

3 - 90 days  late

2 - 120 days late

1- 150 days late

I spoke with the creditor, who agreed to have these removed.  Today I checked his credit report and they have been removed, however, investigation status states "estimated completed date 08/06/14" and we have not received an alert yet.

His score has not changed either.

Has the score not changed because it is not completely updated in the credit report or because since he has bankruptcy it will not change the score?

BK 7 DC'd 10/2010
Scores (03/17/16): EQ: 704 / TU: 725 / EX: 694 / Cap1 QS1: 6.5K / CU: 7.5K /
JC Penney: 10K/ Chevron: 4K / Target: 500 / Macy's 17.2K/ NFCU Sig. Visa Cash Reward:22K / NFCU Flagship 22K/NavChk:15K / NavChk:7.5K(joint)/WF Plat:15K / WF Propel Amex:5K/DIscover 10K/USAA Visa 14K/USAA Amex 14K/Nordstrom 10K/TJ MAxx 10K/BP Visa 6.5K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lates removed, no score change

@SCYD wrote:

10 - 60 days late

3 - 90 days  late

2 - 120 days late

1- 150 days late

I spoke with the creditor, who agreed to have these removed.  Today I checked his credit report and they have been removed, however, investigation status states "estimated completed date 08/06/14" and we have not received an alert yet.

Has the score not changed because it is not completely updated in the credit report or because since he has bankruptcy it will not change the score?

Maybe, where are you using for score tracking?  If it's SW, it generally doesn't do well at tracking deletions (well, at all in my experience), you may see a bump with a balance change or whatever which will trigger a new score update.

Actually before I go rambling I'll wait for you to reply Smiley Happy.

Serious congrats though on getting those lates off, that is a HUGE win in my estimation.

        
Message 2 of 3
SCYD
Regular Contributor

Re: Lates removed, no score change

@Revelate wrote:

@SCYD wrote:

10 - 60 days late

3 - 90 days  late

2 - 120 days late

1- 150 days late

Maybe, where are you using for score tracking?  If it's SW, it generally doesn't do well at tracking deletions (well, at all in my experience), you may see a bump with a balance change or whatever which will trigger a new score update.

Actually before I go rambling I'll wait for you to reply Smiley Happy.

Serious congrats though on getting those lates off, that is a HUGE win in my estimation.

I pulled a new report with score from MyFico this morning.

However, the dipute is not showing completed, but the lates were already removed from the credit report.

I had written a very very long GW letter to the creditor and the CEO of the company called me and advised me that there were a few 30 days late, but they were not really affceting the credit score, however the 60's and 60+ were affecting the score.  So, I thought once they were removed I might see a change.

Maybe it will take a few days to update (keeping fingers crossed).  I normally don't get an alert until 3 days after something has updated.

BK 7 DC'd 10/2010
Scores (03/17/16): EQ: 704 / TU: 725 / EX: 694 / Cap1 QS1: 6.5K / CU: 7.5K /
JC Penney: 10K/ Chevron: 4K / Target: 500 / Macy's 17.2K/ NFCU Sig. Visa Cash Reward:22K / NFCU Flagship 22K/NavChk:15K / NavChk:7.5K(joint)/WF Plat:15K / WF Propel Amex:5K/DIscover 10K/USAA Visa 14K/USAA Amex 14K/Nordstrom 10K/TJ MAxx 10K/BP Visa 6.5K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.