Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk Inquiries...

tag
dizzier
Established Contributor

Let's talk Inquiries...

So I wandered through the search for inquires, and now i am more confused than i was before. exactly how do they count? how much do they affect your credit? what happens when the inquires are for utilities like telephone, cable, etc.? what happens if a lender pulls your credit report twice within a couple days? in this case does some 2 week rule apply?

here are my inq from EQ:

July 27, 2007 Timewarner
July 26, 2007 Timewarner
July 17, 2007 Saferent
May 29, 2007 Nmac
May 28, 2007 Captnissan
January 23, 2007 Citi

so i've get two from time warner for my digi cable install, two from nissan for my car loan, one from safe rent for my apartment rental, and one from a CC app with Citi.

how is this read? 6 inquiries? 4 inquiries?

do you think that timewarner or nissan might take one of these off or change it to a soft inq? how would i go about doing this?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's talk Inquiries...

Should be able to get one of the TW off with just a call to EQ.

The 2 autos count as one in scoring.
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Let's talk Inquiries...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.