Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Statement Balance Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative Statement Balance Question

I was just referring to the fact that I was monitoring my TU data via the FAKO providers to discern that my Cap. One info finally reported. That was consistent with your advice to monitor via WalletHub.

And yes, you are correct in that the credit card used data as of the statement cut date, which was the 7th but they didn't update the active file until today, the 14th. The date last updated (reported via FAKO, can't remember which one - I think BankRate) as the 7th although it didn't hit the active file until 14th.

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least you know your updated now, did you get the score you were looking for?
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Still 1 point short. I suspect that a <$100 collection has me on a dirty scorecard with EQ that is capped at 699. TU also didn't budge.

I made a really, really long post with all the details here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Experian-FICO-2-Mortgage-Score-Question/...

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think I just responded to that I didn’t realize you had two threads going on it. Have you tried PFD collection?
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started that after this thread because I felt the other thread was more relevant to mortgage scoring.

Yes. I’ve tried everything. I even provided the O.C. and collection agency with the statement showing that I paid it and my bank statement showing that the money left my account in that same day. My only option is to go to court over an $87 dispute. It’s so dumb.
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you paid it, a PFD is not possible, cuz its already paid. All you can do is a GW letter.

If its paid, you could dispute it. But, that could result in it being updated to zero and dated currently. That would drop your score cuz it would appear to be a new one all over again. Now, if it is already being updated monthly, then you wouldn't have anything to lose.

Small claims is an option.
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was paid on time back in 2016. I cancelled my auto insurance when I got married and got on my wife’s policy. I paid them the full $67 (the $87 is with a $20 collections fee) owed for coverage to date while I was on the phone with them cancelling it. Everything was paid on-time and never late. It’s showing as unpaid and in collections.
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying it was never late? If so, then you need to take action to remove it. You can prove this?
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. I’ve been trying for 2 years. You name it, I’ve tried it. My only remaining option is to file a civil complaint and I would be in court for year over $87. I already paid $125 in bank research fees to pull the transactions from that long ago because I no longer bank there. I’ve instead focused on trying to get the TU4 up but it’s lower than EQ5 without a collection on the file. 3 of the 4 TU4 negative factors are age/length related, which I can’t do much about. That has placed my focus on the other, which is # of accounts with a balance.

One key data point here is how TU4 is much more sensitive to age-related factors than EQ5 (batting any major difference in the underlying data). I’ll review the TU and EQ files. That 3.25 year old collection on EQ could be the difference.

I wonder if the age related negative core factors are purely mostly to AAoA and to what extent to recent inquiries and AoYA play into it.

The way my student loans disbursed each semester as a new loan kills me. That and the fact that a totaled out car covered by a another driver’s insurance caused me to buy a new car. That behavior wouldn’t exactly peg me as considered high-flying financial risk-taker, other than by FICO mortgage scores.
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the AoYA is killing you probably, that would probably be the top code. AAOA will be there for God knows how long on almost everyone and isn’t usually isn’t very much In the grand scheme of things.

So you’re telling me you have disputed this to the CRA with proof and they still would not remove it?
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.