Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New some advice

tag
Sputney23
Valued Member

New some advice

Hi.. Im not exactly sure if im posting this in the correct place(so plz forgive me)

I recently looked up some of my credit scores and I found out that my brothers student loan is on my credit report..

What kind of actions do I need to take to get these removed..I guessing this is why my credit scores are low for Transunion and Equifax its reporting to those two..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Balance$2,775$678$0
High Balance$2,750$1,648$0
Debt to Credit Ratio101%41%

0%

EQ 700 Trans 695 Exp 722
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: New some advice

@Sputney23 wrote:

Hi.. Im not exactly sure if im posting this in the correct place(so plz forgive me)

I recently looked up some of my credit scores and I found out that my brothers student loan is on my credit report..

What kind of actions do I need to take to get these removed..I guessing this is why my credit scores are low for Transunion and Equifax its reporting to those two..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Balance$2,775$678$0
High Balance$2,750$1,648$0
Debt to Credit Ratio101%41%

0%

You might be listed as a co-signer on those loans for them to show up under your credit report.  If you co-signed the loans, you are stuck with them and pray that he pays them.

If it is an error like you have similar names or something, or if he used you as a co-signer illigitimately I would challenge it with the credit reporting agencies and make them prove that it is real.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 5
Sputney23
Valued Member

thanks.. I never co-signed on any loan.. But we do have similiar names

EQ 700 Trans 695 Exp 722
Message 3 of 5
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@Sputney23 wrote:

thanks.. I never co-signed on any loan.. But we do have similiar names

It should be a fairly straight-forward process to get them removed from your report then.

I had a judgment show up on my report once because the guy had the same first name and lived in the same apartment complex once.  The apartment number was even wrong.  I just disputed the line and it was removed within a month or so. 

If you never co-signed the loan, you should be able to get it off fairly quickly.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 4 of 5
Sputney23
Valued Member

Ok thanks

EQ 700 Trans 695 Exp 722
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.