Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Score Change!!

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

No Score Change!!

I have had three "credit negatives" happen to me in the last month and none of them have affected my score. Maybe it is because they are being reported on the same day that I had an increase or maybe they don't affect our score as much as thought.

I had 3 inquiries and a closed account and my score is exactly the same as it was 4 weeks ago. I was really worried these inquiries would kill my score, but I guess not!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: No Score Change!!

Yeah, I've noticed that FICO scoring is weird. I got a judgement removed from my Experian report and my score dropped a point. I don't understand that at all.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed that FICO scoring is weird. I got a judgement removed from my Experian report and my score dropped a point. I don't understand that at all.

Was it old? Maybe your history was shortened...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FretlessMayhem wrote:

How old was this judgment?
Message 4 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Was it old? Maybe your history was shortened...

Judgments and all other public records are not factored in credit length history scoring, collections however do.
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I will never keep track of all this cr*p, not unless I quit one of my jobs... Smiley Sad

thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I will never keep track of all this cr*p, not unless I quit one of my jobs... Smiley Sad

thanks!

What's with the sad face? I didn't know squat some years back, so look at what this and other forums have taught me. Heck I learn something new everyday at this forum and that's no joke.

Message Edited by fused on 11-17-2007 03:04 PM
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, yes, but there are times that every time I learn something, I have to forget something to make room for it. Smiley Happy (Howzat?)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.