Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Credit Cards

I paid 2 credit cards off that were in good standing. Experian reported one of the accounts paid account and dropped my score by 7 points.
Now I’m concerned that when I pay my others, my score will drop significantly. I’m trying to improve my score, which are good, but want to raise before applying for mortgage.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Credit Cards

When you say you’re paying them, I assume you mean paying them to zero. If so, keep one with a $6-7 balance, let that report, then pay it off. If all others are at $0, you’ll be maximizing your scores from a credit card viewpoint. Also, mortgage scores love seeing cards with no balance, so doing this will help raise your mortgage scores as well.
Message 2 of 3
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Paid Credit Cards

As @

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.