cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid First Premier CO deleted....yay! Score down 5 points....booo!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Paid First Premier CO deleted....yay! Score down 5 points....booo!

I'm just happy the score didn't drop any further. Here's the skinny:

A $0 balance First Premier CO with no listed lates dropped off my reports as it was around 7 yrs old. Some have reported gains with COs disappearing. But the score dropped! Why?!

Here's why:

First, everything on the report is equal, including utilization, except for one 30 day and a 60 day deleted from an old car loan that got deleted for some reason (that alone could have bumped the score up).

The CO drops. Good indicators: 1) Payment history goes from good to very good. 2) CO, based on FICO explanations, is no longer listed as an acct 60 days or worse. 3) Report says, in things helping score, I no longer have any lates on TU (though still 6 on car note from above).

The CO drops. Bad indicator: Account history drops by 1 year and 8 months with a total history of 7 yrs!

This 1 yr and 8 mo. drop in history totally wipes out lates deletion, the CO deletion, and the derog listing deletion. History is key. Protect it.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.